autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light

Ok guys,

right now I am using McKee's 37 Paint Coating exclusivelly for coating jobs.

I am seriously thinking about adding a longer duration coating to my menu and short of going pro coating, the best one of the consummer grade ones seems to be Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light with a durability of 3 to 5 years.

Are any of you guys using this product and can you give me some feedback on it?

My concerns are:

1. I am a mobile detailer. Can this product be applied in an uncontrolled environment without issues? Like if it's sunny or if there is a lot of wind, would it make it impossible to apply?

2. Manufacturer says 12 hours with no exposition to water. If I apply Gtechniq C2V3 on top of it would it be sufficiant protection?

So I am looking forward to read what you guys experienced with this product.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light

Following.....exact same situation here

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Same here. I've been an avid user of CarPro Cquartz and that's all I offer. I keep hearing more about CSL and EXO so it's been peaking my interest.

Post Thanks / Like

I've done CSL once at a customer's house, but it was in a closed garage and closely mimicked my home setup at the time. I can say from experience that installing the coating in a garage (yours or your customer's) doesn't pose a problem at all. As long as you have bright and diffused light to see the residue then you'll be just fine. I've installed McKee's paint coating version one and two, regular CQuartz and CSL on mobile jobs (just the one time with CSL) and application on all of them was never any different than when I've installed them in my home garage.

As far as ease of use is concerned, CSL wins hands down, no question or hesitation. The first time I used CSL I actually started laughing because it was so easy. EXOv3, I thought, wasn't quite as easy to install, but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as the experience I've had every time with regular CQuartz. I haven't tried EXOv4 yet so I can't comment on it yet, but I'm thinking about getting the CSL/EXO kit for my Scat Pack soon.

My car has been wearing regular CQuartz on a few of its panels for about 14 months and they're still going very strong, but I'm moving away from CQuartz and sticking with GTechniq.

5. Likes DaveT435 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've used a fair amount of CSL/EXO. I got a local full time detailer to switch from CQuartz to CSL/EXO and he was extremely happy. I'm not sure if he ever applied it out in the elements though.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

I'll do just about coating if a customer has a specific gotta have, otherwise, I offer:

Gyeon Can Coat
    McKee’s 37 v2
    CarPro Cquartz UK 3.0: with CarPro Gliss as an Add On
    Gyeon Syncro
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve only offered Cquartz to my customers on cars. It’s all I’ve used in my personal car also. Been using systemX with great results so far on airplanes. Their SS is awesome!!! Can be hard to apply for a first timer. It flashes immediately and need to be on top of it, and do small panels. the slickness and durability is awesome! I spray most all my airplane jobs. So gotta have a ceramic that sprays well. It’s a huge time saver on big planes. But gotta have a real clean facility/hanger to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoo View Post
    I’ve only offered Cquartz to my customers on cars. It’s all I’ve used in my personal car also. Been using systemX with great results so far on airplanes. Their SS is awesome!!! Can be hard to apply for a first timer. It flashes immediately and need to be on top of it, and do small panels. the slickness and durability is awesome! I spray most all my airplane jobs. So gotta have a ceramic that sprays well. It’s a huge time saver on big planes. But gotta have a real clean facility/hanger to do it.

That's interesting. The same guy I switched from CQuartz to CSL/EXO tried system X for a short period of time and went back to CSL/EXO.

What part of Michigan are you from?? I was raised in the Kalamazoo area.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    That's interesting. The same guy I switched from CQuartz to CSL/EXO tried system X for a short period of time and went back to CSL/EXO.

What part of Michigan are you from?? I was raised in the Kalamazoo area.
    I’m in St Joe. In the earlier days of systemX, it wasn’t all that great. But they have stepped it up. My airplane guys have been happy with it. I use the Renegade mostly on planes. I’m still a Cquartz Guy at heart. Might try some Gtech stuff though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoo View Post
    I’m in St Joe. In the earlier days of systemX, it wasn’t all that great. But they have stepped it up. My airplane guys have been happy with it. I use the Renegade mostly on planes. I’m still a Cquartz Guy at heart. Might try some Gtech stuff though.

Not too far from Kalamzoo. I've been through St Joe several times. Pretty sure I went to a wedding reception there.
    The hydrophobic properties with EXO are incredible, along with self cleaning capabilities. I don't think it was that great with v3. It was with v2 and I would expect it to be with v4.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast