autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    The work around for mobile detailers is follow up the CSL application with the application of a nano ceramic sealant to protect the coating during the cure period. So in this case, you apply C2V3 on top of CSL and the coating is protected from water and the elements.

I talked to the rep from Gtechniq and he told me it is better to garage the car for 12 hours but as a mobile detailer that is a perfectly acceptable way of doing things.

Also, you should not wash the car for 7 days after the application of any coating to give it time to fully cure before being exposed to cleaners and a pressurized water.
    I was planning to put EXO right on top of the CSL. I wonder if that will have the same effect.
    I could put the C2v3 on top of the EXO but I’m worried about time. I’m already thinking that this is going to be done in sections it’s to big to get done in one evening.
    It’s taking three evenings to get buffed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    CLS is actually easier to install than Cquartz and it's a longer duration product. If you are installing Cquartz right now, a move to CLS might be a good idea. I think they are at similar price points and you would get a 3 to 5 years coating instead of a 2 years coating. Also. as I said, easier to apply.
    I agree with you on the ease of installation for CSL compared to CQUK. I will be trying out CQUK 3.0 soon so I will be able to compare them. CSL is similar to MOHS in application and slickness. The benefit of CSL is that only one coat is needed not like 2-3 coats like MOHS.

I would not buy into durability claims by manufacturers too much. Once a vehicle is released into the real world a coating can be gone quicker than the claimed longevity. Many factors play into it such as maintenance, whether or no it sees tunnel washes, weather, etc.. In most cases a vehicle is going to need some sort of polishing within 1-2 years to clean the paint and remove defects. With proper maintenance a coating can exceed it's longevity claims.

3. Likes Powerman liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123