autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light

I am only interested in Crystal Serum Light. I have read people having issues with EXO because it is soft and scratch sensitive. I sell coatings on their ease of maintenance and their durability. One the key point is reduced chance of scratching during washes... so if I put EXO on top, I loose that feature. Also I don't think EXO is as durable.

Post Thanks / Like

I dunno, CSL/EXO seems it would take a lot of a lot longer to apply than Cquartz/Reload. You cannot go wrong with Cquartz.
    '03 Corvette Z06

3. Likes fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    I am only interested in Crystal Serum Light. I have read people having issues with EXO because it is soft and scratch sensitive. I sell coatings on their ease of maintenance and their durability. One the key point is reduced chance of scratching during washes... so if I put EXO on top, I loose that feature. Also I don't think EXO is as durable.
    I think a lot of the issues you're hearing about were v3 related. Probably why v3 was so short lived. CSL is a good stand alone and from a business point if view a single coating of one product makes a lot more sende than one coat of one and two coats of another. Is the CSL available up there, or do you order it from the states??
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

This is a great post as I am thinking of giving CSL a try after being an avid user of Cquartz. What is the wait time after applying CSL that you can apply EXO?
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

6. Likes Powerman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    This is a great post as I am thinking of giving CSL a try after being an avid user of Cquartz. What is the wait time after applying CSL that you can apply EXO?
    The directions say you can start to apply EXO immediately after CSL if you start on the same panel where you initially installed CSL. I've always waited an hour or three and so far there haven't been any perceivable adverse effects.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    I dunno, CSL/EXO seems it would take a lot of a lot longer to apply than Cquartz/Reload. You cannot go wrong with Cquartz.
    CSL is actually quicker to apply than CQUK (not 3.0). CSL goes on easier and wipes off easier. It is also slicker in feel. Also only one coat is needed where Cquartz recommends 2 coats. Exo V3 can be a little tricky to work with but it can be applied right after CSL. GTechniq recommends 2 coats and those 2 coats can go on right away. So it is about the same amount of time compared to CQUK (non-3.0)

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    GTechniq states right away but I gave it an hour when I used it just be safe. See my comment above with regards to Exo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    It's a flawed comparisson though. If you want to compare combos, you would need to compare Cquatz and Gliss vs CLS and EXO. Or you could compare Cquartz and Reload with CSL and C2V3.

CLS is actually easier to install than Cquartz and it's a longer duration product. If you are installing Cquartz right now, a move to CLS might be a good idea. I think they are at similar price points and you would get a 3 to 5 years coating instead of a 2 years coating. Also. as I said, easier to apply.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    I think a lot of the issues you're hearing about were v3 related. Probably why v3 was so short lived. CSL is a good stand alone and from a business point if view a single coating of one product makes a lot more sende than one coat of one and two coats of another. Is the CSL available up there, or do you order it from the states??
    There are canadian stores selling it. Lowest price i have seen is 88 CAN$ which is about 66 US$, I believe that is the 30 ml bottle, so it would probably do a small car. There is also a 50 ml bottle available, did not check the prices but it's probably half as much.

Gtechniq is actually a UK based company I think. They have a rep here in Canada.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by osiapstndp View Post
    The directions say you can start to apply EXO immediately after CSL if you start on the same panel where you initially installed CSL. I've always waited an hour or three and so far there haven't been any perceivable adverse effects.
    I’ve been getting the van ready for its first coating of CSL. The instructions are pretty clear that you need to garage the vehicle for 12 hours after coating.
    I know that mobile detailing companies use these products do they always garage the vehicle? It’s a problem for me as the van needs a 9’ clearance to park it and I haven’t been able to find a place to park it.

I’m thinking that dust and pollen might get stuck in the coating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Powerman View Post
    I’ve been getting the van ready for its first coating of CSL. The instructions are pretty clear that you need to garage the vehicle for 12 hours after coating.
    I know that mobile detailing companies use these products do they always garage the vehicle? It’s a problem for me as the van needs a 9’ clearance to park it and I haven’t been able to find a place to park it.

I’m thinking that dust and pollen might get stuck in the coating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    The work around for mobile detailers is follow up the CSL application with the application of a nano ceramic sealant to protect the coating during the cure period. So in this case, you apply C2V3 on top of CSL and the coating is protected from water and the elements.

I talked to the rep from Gtechniq and he told me it is better to garage the car for 12 hours but as a mobile detailer that is a perfectly acceptable way of doing things.

Also, you should not wash the car for 7 days after the application of any coating to give it time to fully cure before being exposed to cleaners and a pressurized water.

13. Thanks Powerman thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast