Another "Advice from the Pros" video about the State of the Detailing Industry from two of the industry's leading professionals Renny Doyle (The Air Force One Detailer, The Detail Mafia, author and P&S Detail Products) and Justin Labato (The International Detailing Association President & Owner of JL's Showroom Detailing Inc., Buff and Shine Mfg & P&S Detail Products).

This video covers:
1. Educational trend - Detailers are seeking out higher education at levels I never dreamed. Not only that, the industry is drawing in more formally educated professionals. That Detailer you dropped your vehicle off with most likely has a bachelors degree and that’s impressive that people are finally blending eduction with passion.

2. There’s massive growth and unscaled premature growth happen - I love watching business grow, it’s exciting but some of these small business are building massive shops with massive overhead. Of course it’s working now, the economy is on fire. What happens when the economy cools? Bigger not better on our industry. Been there, done that and it nearly cost me my life. All I did was work.

3. Tools and products - Single Stage Corrections Are Making A Come Back in Popularity -A couple years ago, it was all about maximum shine at all cost and follow that with a coating. Today’s Detailers are realizing that in many markets that’s a tough sell. I am glad to see single stages and realistic protective products are gaining in growth, it’s a hot market for much of the car world.

4. Events - This is what gets me super excited. SEMA, Mobiletech Expo and Detailfest are changing the connections made and it’s cool to see this all happen. Not all that long ago, you would see a dozen Detailers at any of the above events whereas now you see hundreds attending each of the above.

5. The IDA - We finally have a real industry association and one Detailer at a time the IDA is making huge steps forward. It’s uniting our people.

#AutogeekAdviceFromThePros