autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does who do mobile detailing - How do you make it so it's not sunny?

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    I was looking at the 10 x 20 but I wanted something that I could install by myself. I just bought the 10 x 15 based on Sudsy's advice and it should be arriving next week. The leg weights actually arrived first. The 10 x 15 won't cover the entire truck but I can move the truck or canopy when necessary. I am looking forward to working in the shade.
    I'll tell you this Davy, the length of time required to set this up is directly tied to the temperature. 90* outside, five minutes. 115*, two minutes. LOL I really wanted to set up both today, but I only have one ready to set up quickly. The other one I would have had to take out of the bag, install the canopy and then same thing when I put it away. I didn't have the energy.

2. Likes UncleDavy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    I'll tell you this Davy, the length of time required to set this up is directly tied to the temperature. 90* outside, five minutes. 115*, two minutes. LOL I really wanted to set up both today, but I only have one ready to set up quickly. The other one I would have had to take out of the bag, install the canopy and then same thing when I put it away. I didn't have the energy.
    Well Sudsy I received my 10 x 15 yesterday when I got home from work and I had to set it up. It was 95 degrees with 90 % humidity and my initial attempt was quite eventful. My glasses kept getting covered in sweat and I had to stop and clean them. Then I couldn't read the convoluted instructions. It took a little while but I finally figured it out. You have to push the poles apart while walking at the same time. It's a good thing that I wasn't chewing gum at the same time. I am looking forward to working in the shade tomorrow.
    Was that 115 degrees with humidity?

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The 10 x 15 Caravan Canopy Titanshade served me well today. Once I got the hang of it, it was easy to install and disassemble by myself. The truck and SUV fit quite well. It was a pleasure to work in the shade. I will invest in some more foot weights.

6. Likes Diner, Frank70, PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    Well Sudsy I received my 10 x 15 yesterday when I got home from work and I had to set it up. It was 95 degrees with 90 % humidity and my initial attempt was quite eventful. My glasses kept getting covered in sweat and I had to stop and clean them. Then I couldn't read the convoluted instructions. It took a little while but I finally figured it out. You have to push the poles apart while walking at the same time. It's a good thing that I wasn't chewing gum at the same time. I am looking forward to working in the shade tomorrow.
    Was that 115 degrees with humidity?
    The easiest way I've found to do it by myself is to grab one of the poles, lift the whole thing off the ground except the leg opposite the one you're holding and walk away from the middle while using your other hand to push the cross frame up into the lock. Once you get one, you're pretty much done.

No, it's a dry heat. LOL It was actually 118 when I finished my last job yesterday. It's raining today, 86 with 30% humidity. It got to 100 pretty quickly this morning and then the clouds rolled in. Supposed to be back into the low 90s the next week or so, that's our typical early July weather.

8. Likes UncleDavy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Had to pull out the big boy todayDoes who do mobile detailing - How do you make it so it's not sunny?. Lol. Don’t mind me lol today is fun Sunday for me

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

10. Likes UncleDavy liked this post
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456