autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does who do mobile detailing - How do you make it so it's not sunny?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
    I practise once again on my own car and the sun was drying so much my Sonax wheel cleaner but it still did a good job but I'm scared it might screw things up on someone's else's wheels for example.
    Based on your anecdotal evidence of not screwing up your own car? They're cars, not Faberge eggs.

Post Thanks / Like

I sometimes deal in direct sun. I work on panels that are shaded by the car itself. Once done, move the car around to keep getting shade. On hot days, it really sucks.

Wife eventually got me an Easy-Up and I loved her more for it. Took some practice, but I'm able to set it up by myself. Made a massive difference on those hot days. If you get one, weigh it down on those windy days.

One trick I learned from Darren Priest, is to work on a small section. While working on that small section, have a damp MF towel in an adjacent section so that panel stays cool until you're ready to hit it. Repeat that until you're done.

Use sun friendly products. Poorboy's World is sun friendly. I once used Black Hole (followed by their Black wax) on a black panel that had a surface temp of like 130*

3. Likes TheMidnightNarwhal, Eldorado2k, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, yeah, definitely anchor it down. We bought eight "sand bags" off Amazon that hold 18lbs of rock/sand each. I filled them with river rock. That's enough to keep them from moving. I can usually get away with just putting two each on the upwind legs and that works fine in all but the heaviest gusts.

Post Thanks / Like

Poorboys products are designed to be sun-friendly. Made and tested in South Florida.

Post Thanks / Like

You can also use empty 5 gallon buckets from wherever to weigh the shelter down fill with water from the hose can empty when done easily then restack your buckets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    I sometimes deal in direct sun. I work on panels that are shaded by the car itself. Once done, move the car around to keep getting shade. On hot days, it really sucks.

Wife eventually got me an Easy-Up and I loved her more for it. Took some practice, but I'm able to set it up by myself. Made a massive difference on those hot days. If you get one, weigh it down on those windy days.

One trick I learned from Darren Priest, is to work on a small section. While working on that small section, have a damp MF towel in an adjacent section so that panel stays cool until you're ready to hit it. Repeat that until you're done.

Use sun friendly products. Poorboy's World is sun friendly. I once used Black Hole (followed by their Black wax) on a black panel that had a surface temp of like 130*
    Ok thanks for that idea of turning the car around. I do do a full foam presoak but that drying on there doesn't seem to be much of an issue. It's when drying off the end after that is a chore when it spots but yeah turnign the car around seems like a good idea!

As for your Easy Up, I looked and there is one for like 50$ here but I guess it's to smal lthat's why. How big is yours?

9. Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For using my Sonax wheel cleaner I guess if I just stand in front of the wheel it blocks the sun.

Post Thanks / Like

Down here in Florida I use a 12x12 straight leg canopy and a max air(found at Home Depot) 32” fan. The fan was around $180 and the canopy was around $100. Keeps constant air flow, great for interiors, plus all in the shade.

12. Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Junior Member Compulsive Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

12x12 canopy, spot free water and work quick!
    Casey Martz
    Owner/Operator @ Compulsive Detail LLC
    Http://www.compulsivedetail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    I work on panels that are shaded by the car itself. Once done, move the car around to keep getting shade. On hot days, it really sucks.

Use sun friendly products.
    This.Does who do mobile detailing - How do you make it so it's not sunny?

I polished this Dodge Charger yesterday in the direct sun using these exact methods [minus the damp microfiber towel, because I didn’t need it]

But if your products don’t work the best in direct sun, the damp towel method does help.

Use products that are sun friendly. On that car I used Griots Correcting Cream and Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish as the lsp on 120* degree panels without issues.

Get yourself an infrared thermometer so you know exactly what you’re dealing with.

15. Likes SWETM, UncleDavy, JustJesus liked this post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast