autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flyers?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Flyers?

Has anyone had any success with passing out flyers to local buisneses thinking about giving it a shot

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flyers?

Quote Originally Posted by Thenewguy23 View Post
    Has anyone had any success with passing out flyers to local buisneses thinking about giving it a shot
    I have no experience with flyers. However, I was thinking of running a brand awareness campaign today.

The odds of it being successful is slim. However, I am always interested to see what works. What doesn’t work for me may work for others etc.

It doesn’t hurt to try something once.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Just don’t put them under people’s car wiper blades! Nothing more annoying than cards and flyers under my blades. Business cards left at other businesses (with their permission) is good advertising.

4. Likes custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Any diners by you? I like the ad placemats a lot of them use. And I read them all while waiting for my food.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

6. Likes PaulMys, LSNAutoDetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No experience with flyers, but I have passed about 500 business cards. Only got one call from it. So in my book, it's a total waste of time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    Any diners by you? I like the ad placemats a lot of them use. And I read them all while waiting for my food.
    This is a good idea. I can’t help but to look at them.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    Yeah Monica, but if you saw an ad for a detailer, you'd think "Hmmph. I could polish circles around this clown!"

But good call, I always read those mats too........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Handing out a business card is an opportunity for you to engage in a dialog with a potential customer. Unless you mean you just hand them out to random strangers. In October, we bought 500 card each, me and my son, my son is on his second box of 500 mostly because when anybody asks for a card, I send him to the truck to get some. I have about 100 left of my box. We've never given a card to somebody unless they asked for one. I believe flyers would fall into the same category, they're typically a nuisance. I've never purchased anything from a flyer stuffed on my windshield. Typically, I tuck it under the wiper of the car next to me. Waste of money.

If you want bang for your buck without using the internet, which is easily the best way to advertise, wrap your trailer or truck/van and drive around town with it on the days you're not working. I get at least three calls a week (that I know of) just off my trailer wrap.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Any traditional marketing, ex: flyers, billboards, radio, cards, etc is all dead and pointless.

Answer me this, would you rather pinpoint exactly how many eyes saw your ad and the return on that investment or just throw money and cross fingers that it paid itself off?

I'm going to write a long-form post about digital strategies for brand awareness which will help more. Feel free to PM with questions

Post Thanks / Like

Agree to disagree. There's a place for everything even if it's not as effective as the internet. Like I said, I get at least three calls a week from the trailer wrap. Anecdotally, we were doing a job a few months ago when this guy walking his dog came by. He took a look at what we were doing and said "I wash my own cars, but give me a few of your cards it looks like you guys do nice work." The guy has referred five different people to us for upwards of $1000 in sales. So, yeah, business cards might not be the world's most effective advertising, but they do frequently work if you're handing them out to people that are actually interested in what you do.

13. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast