autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flyers?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flyers?

100% my man. There is a place for everything. Especially if the ROI makes sense. Trailer wrap sounds like a good investment if you can narrow down the source of leads to it.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by AMH View Post

I'm going to write a long-form post about digital strategies for brand awareness which will help more.
    Looking forward to reading your article. I appreciate it anytime someone works hard to help others, and the marketing side is an area everyone appreciates real-world help.

Feel free to PM with questions
    I've been running discussion forums professionally since 2002, that's 16 years. When I see a new guy join and start asking people to PM them for more info - it can trigger my Spidy sense that the person is possibly here for nefarious reasons. I prefer everything to be transparent and posted to the forum. When people want to use PMs it usually has to do with breaking forum rules.

That said, I practice giving people the benefit of the doubt, been doing that in the forum world for 16 years now too.

In the 16 years I've been participating on and for the most part taking the lead on a forum, I see people come and I see people go... My hope is you're here to stay and here to offer genuine help, not merely try to market your marketing services.

I just approved a "new" member and their forum name has to do with "marketing leads". I ran their IP address and their e-mail through Google, a practice that will usually identify established spammers and it came up empty, so I approved the account. But now I'll be watching all the posts this new person makes to see exactly what they are up to.

Most people join a forum for one of three reasons,

1: To ask questions about car detailing and get help.

2: To offer help to people asking questions about car detailing.

3: For ulterior motives

Again... been doing this a while now so I've pretty much seen everything. I found your detailing website at BackBayDetailing but it looks like a new site and a template as there's really nothing there about detailing.

Looking forward to all your future posts.

3. Thanks Dan Tran thanked for this post
    Likes FrankS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

100% my man. There is a place for everything. Especially if the ROI makes sense. Trailer wrap sounds like a good investment if you can narrow down the source of leads to it.
    When people call you and say "I just passed you at the corner, how much to detail my Tahoe" that pretty much narrows it down.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

You're right! I do have a comprehensive background in digital marketing, but I also started my own detailing company from the ground up. I've navigated the tricky waters of trying to stay afloat in the digital era.

Did not know about the PM rule, noted. In other forums people usually always added that at the end, all good.

Backbaydetailing was just a domain I had bought awhile ago FYI

Lastly, because I've dealt with lots of people in the marketing world, I preach the value philosophy. Providing value without anything in return will always win long-term! 95% of detailers don't even understand the power they have. I want to bridge that gap of people feeling to uncomfortable to feeling in control of their business. On this forum, that will be through these long-form detailed digital strategies. Hopefully it helps!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    Handing out a business card is an opportunity for you to engage in a dialog with a potential customer. Unless you mean you just hand them out to random strangers. In October, we bought 500 card each, me and my son, my son is on his second box of 500 mostly because when anybody asks for a card, I send him to the truck to get some. I have about 100 left of my box. We've never given a card to somebody unless they asked for one. I believe flyers would fall into the same category, they're typically a nuisance. I've never purchased anything from a flyer stuffed on my windshield. Typically, I tuck it under the wiper of the car next to me. Waste of money.

If you want bang for your buck without using the internet, which is easily the best way to advertise, wrap your trailer or truck/van and drive around town with it on the days you're not working. I get at least three calls a week (that I know of) just off my trailer wrap.
    I meant leaving them in mailboxes and on cars. Basically the same as a flyer but smaller

Post Thanks / Like

What I can say is, instead of wasting time and money on flyers, try targeted marketing using either facebook or Google adwords.

You can select specific criteria for targeting your ads. So you would want to narrow it down to the city you work in, people with high income, you could do things like homeowners only, and so on.

I did a try with facebook two weeks ago, ran an add for 2 days with a daily budget of 10$. Received a lot of call and got me schedule full for 2 weeks. It might be a coincidence but I never receive that many calls usually. And many of the calls I received are people looking for car washes (that's thanks to the yellow page ad I purchase last year, waste of time and money).

So, give it a try!

Post Thanks / Like

I’m actually in the middle of my first Google AdWords Campaign that started 6 days ago.

I am curious to see where it will take me.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12