autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Interior Cleaner

Hello everyone I am trying to pick a interior cleaners for cloth and leather for my business and these are some of my options so far. Also do you guys use a APC for everything on the inside and just dilute (if so how do you dilute?) or do you use a different chemical for the plastic/cloth/upholstery/carpets.

CG-Nonsence
    Meg-D101 APC
    Mckees-Unsure what one
    Poorboys-APC

CG-Leather Lovers kit (feel like this is pointless and not worth it)
    McKees-Leather shampoo
    Meg-D180 Leather cleaner & conditioner
    Shine Supply-Leather cleaner and conditioner

Poorpoys-enzyme stain and order remover

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Interior Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterdetail View Post
    Hello everyone I am trying to pick a interior cleaners for cloth and leather for my business and these are some of my options so far. Also do you guys use a APC for everything on the inside and just dilute (if so how do you dilute?) or do you use a different chemical for the plastic/cloth/upholstery/carpets.

CG-Nonsence
    Meg-D101 APC
    Mckees-Unsure what one
    Poorboys-APC

CG-Leather Lovers kit (feel like this is pointless and not worth it)
    McKees-Leather shampoo
    Meg-D180 Leather cleaner & conditioner
    Shine Supply-Leather cleaner and conditioner

Poorpoys-enzyme stain and order remover
    I use Meguiar’s D101 at 10:1. That dilution ratio is solid and will clean some pretty nasty stuff. It cleans pretty much every surface inside the car besides glass. I follow behind the D101 with Meg’s Quik Interior Detailer or Meg’s D156. I don’t see a need for a leather cleaner. But you have some people that say to never use an APC anywhere on the interior. Me, I have not had any issues with D101 on the interior or exterior.

3. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use CG Nonsense 15:1. I know CG hype up a lot of their products. But Nonsense is one of their few solid products. It works well and is cost effective for the shop. But really with the list of APC’s you have listed. I don’t think you can go wrong with any of them.

5. Likes Goonie75 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vanquish Auto View Post
    I use CG Nonsense 15:1. I know CG hype up a lot of their products. But Nonsense is one of their few solid products. It works well and is cost effective for the shop. But really with the list of APC’s you have listed. I don’t think you can go wrong with any of them.
    Do you use nonsense for all your interior needs. Or do you use it for certain things?

Post Thanks / Like

I use it for pretty much everything except leather on interiors. Leather I will use either CG leather cleaner or Swissvax leather cleaner followed by milk. At the right dilution ratio you can clean pretty much anything with it though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vanquish Auto View Post
    I use it for pretty much everything except leather on interiors. Leather I will use either CG leather cleaner or Swissvax leather cleaner followed by milk. At the right dilution ratio you can clean pretty much anything with it though.
    So your using 15.1 on most interiors (cloth,carpets,dash,steering wheels,door cards)? I was looking at maybe meg for my leather cleaner since it's a condition also and milk lol dosent the car smell like old milk when it drys?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. 15:1 on most trim. I use carpet cleaner for carpets and cloth seats. I know some people use APC on carpet and everything. But you can find much more effective cleaners for carpet and clothes than APC’s. Some use APC for leather. I don’t see anything wrong with it and it works. I just prefer to use leather cleaners instead.
    Haha. Leather milk. It’s a conditioning agent for leather. They just call it milk.