autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Your Opinion Please

I've always done friends and families vehicles, about a month ago I decided to start a side gig. The extra cash will be cool, plus will give me the opportunity to use more products. I have seen many times here to help start up, do a few freebies. I got some cards and menus printed up. Last week one night as I was getting ready work and my girlfriend was telling some details about the charity event that goes on here annually. Her mother has organized it for many years, it helps with the HOPE Center, and The Special Olympics.

It's $150 per couple to get in and they have games and prizes, also a silent auction. Usually some cool stuff in the auction, my most favorite thing I have gotten a few years ago was a autographed hat from Arnold Palmer.

So I get to work that night, thinking about my new venture, and it hit me, donate a package! Not only for a good cause, but a opportunity to promote my new brand. I can set some cards and menus there for people to take. Also my mother in law is giving me a quarter page spot in the business sponsors program. I feel it will be a great way to reach people in the surrounding communities.

Here is where I need your opinion. I plan on donating my basic AIO package, would it be wrong to limit it to cars and small truck/SUV ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your Opinion Please

I think if you make it very clear on the auction item what types of automobiles you are willing to detail, people will know what they are bidding on. I would be careful about how you word "small truck/SUV." What exactly constitutes "small?" Tacoma SR but not F150? Kia Sorento but not 4Runner? Or just no Suburbans and Sequias, but Durangos OK?

Otherwise, you might be getting in deeper than you had hoped!

Other option is to have more than one auction and start the bidding higher for the truck/suv package.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

3. Thanks Hammer77 thanked for this post
    Likes custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just did this last month and often do it for boy scouts, high school teams etc.

I normally just say a free AIO polish worth $xxx so people can get a better idea on how much they are saving when they bid,win.

The $xxx is normally the value of the largest car I'd do. Since I don't state the type of car the winner still gets a deal they just don't know how great of a deal.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

5. Thanks Hammer77, Dan Tran thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Kevin for your input, you made some great points that I haven't thought of. So in your opinion should I just list the package for a sedan and leave out the other? As you stated the term small would be open to debate. I have no control of starting bids.

Yes I don't want to get in too deep.

7. Thanks Dan Tran thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You could do the sedan package only, or you could do as Cruz suggested - set the bidding at a level you would feel reasonable for doing a large SUV and commit the possible extra time and effort knowing that it's a charitable event.

(Sent via my mobile device...)

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

9. Thanks Hammer77, Dan Tran thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cruz you are right somebody is going to get a deal. As Kevin said its for charity, so I am just going to roll the dice and see what happens!

Post Thanks / Like

I use a gift certificate when I do a donation. I fill out a gift certificate for a dollar amount that will cover an express detail on any vehicle and if they want more service then they can use that against the addition cost. I believe your making a good start in your community.

12. Thanks Hammer77 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's why I do, gift certificate good for one item up to this amount.

14. Thanks Hammer77 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Guyb and Sudsmobile, that is a great idea. I never thought of that angle, now this has got me thinking!

Post Thanks / Like

Are you a registered business and insured? I would think that would be required to even participate in such an event.
    Rick....now in North Texas