autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pressure that draws water from a tank

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterdetail View Post
    I would be running 100-150 gallon tank in a trailer. So if i go with a pump setting i would have to figure away to run a battery in the trailer to power the pump correct?
    Lots of different ways to do this, including the 12V outlet in your vehicle. I ran a 12V outlet to the bed of the truck. I also have a 120V harbor freight clear water pump. It is cheaper than the 12V. In that case, I use a power inverter to convert the DC from the battery to AC for the pump. I use the 120V pump to pump waste vegetable oil, which I use to fuel the diesel truck.
    Kirk Harrod's Mobile Detailing, Frankfort, KY
    Official Detailer of Camarofest 8 & 9
    No one has detailed more Camaros.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Upwardly Mobile Detailing View Post
    I don't get how being a pro means buying a pump. I'm a pro and I bought the right pressure washer for the setup. I would think you would look less like a pro cause you have to rig something extra up to get your pressure washer to work. I get saving money but you can't compare a setup to being a pro. Almost all detailers here in so cal run their setup with the right gas pressure washer with a hose line coming from the tank and another bypass hose line also so that the pressure washer can stay running even when you are not using it.
    Yes I agree that you can be a pro and have different setups. I like the tank, pump, consumer pressure washer set up, for me, because if I have a pressure washer go down, I can just grab one from the store to finish the job.

3. Likes 215Detailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
    Lots of different ways to do this, including the 12V outlet in your vehicle. I ran a 12V outlet to the bed of the truck. I also have a 120V harbor freight clear water pump. It is cheaper than the 12V. In that case, I use a power inverter to convert the DC from the battery to AC for the pump. I use the 120V pump to pump waste vegetable oil, which I use to fuel the diesel truck.
    So will this work...
    I would get a 6 prong cable for the truck to the trailer
    From the cables on the trailer I would run a 12v battery
    Battery to a inverter
    Pump to inverter
    100-150 gallon tank to pump
    Pump to say I got a karcher k5 and hook it up to 12v outlet that I create in the trailer or generator
    Would this set up work or am I still missing something

Sorry about the newbie questions guys but I appreciate all the help

Post Thanks / Like

So will this work...
    I would get a 6 prong cable for the truck to the trailer
    From the cables on the trailer I would run a 12v battery
    Battery to a inverter
    Pump to inverter
    100-150 gallon tank to pump
    Pump to say I got a karcher k5 and hook it up to 12v outlet that I create in the trailer or generator
    Would this set up work or am I still missing something

Sorry about the newbie questions guys but I appreciate all the help
    You need to use the battery on your vehicle since it will be recharged by the alternator. If you just set a battery in the trailer and run from it, it will run down quickly and also affect the life of the battery. Depending on your vehicle, there are options, like a second alternator for the auxiliary battery.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Upwardly Mobile Detailing View Post
    I don't get how being a pro means buying a pump. I'm a pro and I bought the right pressure washer for the setup. I would think you would look less like a pro cause you have to rig something extra up to get your pressure washer to work. I get saving money but you can't compare a setup to being a pro. Almost all detailers here in so cal run their setup with the right gas pressure washer with a hose line coming from the tank and another bypass hose line also so that the pressure washer can stay running even when you are not using it.
    "Rig?" Installing an inline pump in a manner that it was designed to be used now constitutes rigging something up? I'll be sure to notify the good people at Merrian Webster that you've redefined the word "rig." I'm in SoCal. All the detailers I know run a pump. Let me restate that. All the detailers I know that look like somebody you would actually want working on your car. Because that's the reality. Perception is everything. But, hey, anytime you want to bust out photos of your setup, I'll bust out photos of mine and we'll see if it looks "rigged."

Oh, and you have Testimonials misspelled on your website.

Post Thanks / Like

You need to use the battery on your vehicle since it will be recharged by the alternator. If you just set a battery in the trailer and run from it, it will run down quickly and also affect the life of the battery. Depending on your vehicle, there are options, like a second alternator for the auxiliary battery.
    Dual Battery Systems | Alternator charging, how it
    should be done

Would doing something like this work? or using some type of solenoid? I am just trying to figure out how most of you guys are running a pump. Do you leave your vehicle on the entire job just to keep the battery charged to power the pump?

Post Thanks / Like

Dual Battery Systems | Alternator charging, how it
    should be done

Would doing something like this work? or using some type of solenoid? I am just trying to figure out how most of you guys are running a pump. Do you leave your vehicle on the entire job just to keep the battery charged to power the pump?
    Auxiliary battery and alternator is the ideal situation.

You can run the pump off the battery as long as you have a good battery. My truck is a diesel and has 2 batteries so I have plenty of juice to start the truck after the job.

Post Thanks / Like

Auxiliary battery and alternator is the ideal situation.

You can run the pump off the battery as long as you have a good battery. My truck is a diesel and has 2 batteries so I have plenty of juice to start the truck after the job.
    SHURflo 2088-594-154 On-Demand Diaphram Pump, 3.3 GPM @ 45 PSI, 115V I was looking at pump like this and then just plugging it into a 4000w generator, so I can avoid running this battery cluster ####. I am using a dodge 1500 right now till we can get money to get a diesel.

Post Thanks / Like

SHURflo 2088-594-154 On-Demand Diaphram Pump, 3.3 GPM @ 45 PSI, 115V I was looking at pump like this and then just plugging it into a 4000w generator, so I can avoid running this battery cluster ####. I am using a dodge 1500 right now till we can get money to get a diesel.
    Will definitely work if you have a generator. I don't run a generator. I will have to buy one for a big job I have coming up in July.

Post Thanks / Like

Will definitely work if you have a generator. I don't run a generator. I will have to buy one for a big job I have coming up in July.
    Thank God does that solve a lot. So what do you guys think about the karcher k5 with that pump to a 4000 w generator or is 4000 not enough to power a pw and a pump?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast