autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pressure that draws water from a tank

This is EXACTLY what I was talking about in the other thread where the guy had a bad pump. You want to be a professional. Buy professional tools. You have to add a pump. You've had several pros tell you that it will work but it won't work good. The pressure washer will occasionally sputter. You'll need to keep the flow from getting interrupted by the lack of drop in the hose, the pressure will drop when the tank empties. All of these things are controllable in your driveway, not on a jobsite. BUY A PUMP. You want to be a pro, look and act like a pro. A Shurflo pump you need is less than $60 on Amazon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    BUY A PUMP. You want to be a pro, look and act like a pro. A Shurflo pump you need is less than $60 on Amazon
    +1

Plus you could also use the pump without the pressure washer to do a standard wash or if you want to be more gentle than using a pressure washer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCity View Post
    +1

Plus you could also use the pump without the pressure washer to do a standard wash or if you want to be more gentle than using a pressure washer...

So if I go with a pump can I buy anytype of powerwasher or does the power washer still need a pump on it. Also to be honest I wanted to go the gravity fed way because i do not understand how to set up the pump and the tank lol. If you guys can explain that set up to me i would appreciate it. if i can save a tone of money and just run a pump i will just do it that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterdetail View Post
    So if I go with a pump can I buy anytype of powerwasher or does the power washer still need a pump on it. Also to be honest I wanted to go the gravity fed way because i do not understand how to set up the pump and the tank lol. If you guys can explain that set up to me i would appreciate it. if i can save a tone of money and just run a pump i will just do it that way.
    I have a 270 gallon IBC tank in my truck bed. I have plumbing pieces to run 1" hose to the harbor freight 12V clear water pump that sits on the ground. I have a check valve installed before the pump. From the pump I have plumbing pieces to convert from 1" hose to garden hose. I use a quick connect to connect to the pressure washer.

All pressure washers have a pump. The expensive ones are self-priming and don't cavitate (condition when pump doesnt have enough water-it is damaging to the pump.) I use basic store bought pressure washers. One is electric for quiet situations. One is gas for good foam and for gutters and sidewalks.
    Kirk Harrod's Mobile Detailing, Frankfort, KY
    Official Detailer of Camarofest 8 & 9
    No one has detailed more Camaros.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
    I have a 270 gallon IBC tank in my truck bed. I have plumbing pieces to run 1" hose to the harbor freight 12V clear water pump that sits on the ground. I have a check valve installed before the pump. From the pump I have plumbing pieces to convert from 1" hose to garden hose. I use a quick connect to connect to the pressure washer.

All pressure washers have a pump. The expensive ones are self-priming and don't cavitate (condition when pump doesnt have enough water-it is damaging to the pump.) I use basic store bought pressure washers. One is electric for quiet situations. One is gas for good foam and for gutters and sidewalks.
    I would be running 100-150 gallon tank in a trailer. So if i go with a pump setting i would have to figure away to run a battery in the trailer to power the pump correct?

Post Thanks / Like

I would be running 100-150 gallon tank in a trailer. So if i go with a pump setting i would have to figure away to run a battery in the trailer to power the pump correct?
    I had a wire run from my truck battery that automatically connected when I plugged in my trailer lights. I changed the 4 prong plug to a 6 prong trailer connector

David

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't get how being a pro means buying a pump. I'm a pro and I bought the right pressure washer for the setup. I would think you would look less like a pro cause you have to rig something extra up to get your pressure washer to work. I get saving money but you can't compare a setup to being a pro. Almost all detailers here in so cal run their setup with the right gas pressure washer with a hose line coming from the tank and another bypass hose line also so that the pressure washer can stay running even when you are not using it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCity View Post
    I had a wire run from my truck battery that automatically connected when I plugged in my trailer lights. I changed the 4 prong plug to a 6 prong trailer connector

WindyCity I have seen this before i just bought the 6 prong for my trailer. So to move forward to see if i am getting the hang of this. I can get like a 300 dollar PW and a 12V pump to me able to run water from the tank to the PW or i can just use a garden hose?
    How big of a battery would i need to to be able to power this pump? i was reading i can just get a 12v car battery and if this is fine how would i run the battery to the 6 prong?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Upwardly Mobile Detailing View Post
    I don't get how being a pro means buying a pump. I'm a pro and I bought the right pressure washer for the setup. I would think you would look less like a pro cause you have to rig something extra up to get your pressure washer to work. I get saving money but you can't compare a setup to being a pro. Almost all detailers here in so cal run their setup with the right gas pressure washer with a hose line coming from the tank and another bypass hose line also so that the pressure washer can stay running even when you are not using it.
    How big of a tank are you running and what kind of pressure washer if you dont mind me asking?

Post Thanks / Like

Pressure that draws water from a tank

WindyCity I have seen this before i just bought the 6 prong for my trailer. So to move forward to see if i am getting the hang of this. I can get like a 300 dollar PW and a 12V pump to me able to run water from the tank to the PW or i can just use a garden hose?
    How big of a battery would i need to to be able to power this pump? i was reading i can just get a 12v car battery and if this is fine how would i run the battery to the 6 prong?
    I did not have a pressure washer, my pump was used just with a garden hose which provided great pressure. I also did not have a separate battery in the trailer, the power came directly off the main battery in my truck

But yes if I had a pressure washer the pump would feed water pressure from the tank to the pressure washer And I would have a garden hose connected to it as well so I could either use the pressure washer or a garden hose

David

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast