autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Opti-Coat Pro installer cerfification

Calendyr - Very well written response; Thanks for not jumping on me for not being a pro.

Since I can't remember which episode referenced their training class, did A quick google search for "opticoat training product credit" that turns up a link from last February that has the class listed at $1500 with a $500 product credit. I wonder if they did change their approach recently.

I'll now politely step out of the way for the sake of better / vastly more qualified information.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Calendyr - Very well written response; Thanks for not jumping on me for not being a pro.

Since I can't remember which episode referenced their training class, did A quick google search for "opticoat training product credit" that turns up a link from last February that has the class listed at $1500 with a $500 product credit. I wonder if they did change their approach recently.

I'll now politely step out of the way for the sake of better / vastly more qualified information.
    Seems that way since the training is now 1000$ and no mention of the credit. So it comes to the same thing in a way, but a bit better since they are not forcing you to buy 500$ worth of products. The coatings are pretty expensive, about 150$ to 220$ per application. So 500$ would be about 2 or 3 coatings plus a bit of other prep products.

From what I understand, the coatings have serial numbers, I think this is used to track the application making sure it's not sold to non-authorized dealers. Also it's probably used for the warranties Optimum gives with the coatings.

3. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The training used to include the product credit. They have now reduced the price by 500 and there is no product credit. I believe the training was well worth it. I had been detailing for over 8 years before attending, and I went home with a wealth of knowledge. We were on the Opti Coat website with a certified logo within a couple weeks, and started receiving leads immediately. Since April 2017 I've Done over 30 Pro+ coatings.

5. Thanks Calendyr thanked for this post
    Likes oneheadlite, The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Btrahih.

Post Thanks / Like

As I understand it Optimum recommends a install price of $1200 for Pro+, those kinds of profit margins def take the sting out of the monthly fees

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve installed opti coat, it is very awesome and an awesome network of installers and trainers, not just Yvan. The insurance thing is kind of cool because they just wanna make sure you’re covered, if you’re coating vehicles no reason not to have insurance.

Mines $800 a year, and covered when I drive them or pick up or deliver as well.
    Certainly watch the training series, and once you use gloss coat you’ll like it more then McKee’s 37 for longevity too I bet.

The other awesome thing with optimum is the synergy and business help.

They give you maintenance products to distributors to customers and profit from, as well as you can be a distributor of their products and get everything the make HALF OFF.

And I think the training includes $500 of product or at least it includes food and board, old price was 1500 that included a $500’credit but not they took off $500.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

So I'm not a Optimum installer but I'm a certified installer for another brand. Pretty similar in that I'm listed on the site with my business and location.

Don't rely on getting jobs from a website. Just because your certified it's still going to be up to you to sell jobs. Not saying thats you but some people get it in there heads that once there certified then all this work appears. But when marketed right you can do very well.

My business has grown a ton in the past year and offering a certified only type product is nice.

As for insurance you definitely want have it. More than once I have landed a big job just because I'm insured. I have had clients who are about to spend big money ask once I show them proof they have booked in.

Yes you definitely want garage keepers and liability insurance. Even if you are mobile you want the car to be covered while under your care.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hate to rehash a old post but this is kind of same boat Im in right now. We have a new business and looking to add a profession line of coating. Have been talking to them and seems like they are willing to work with us. Company only been around for about 6 months and just a weekend gig in a shop right now. Hopping for more in the future here.
    Anyone go and get the cert from them?

Post Thanks / Like

I have a local detailer near me with several product names on his doors. About half of the time I drive by his shop it's completely empty. If you are confident in your skill, I'd skip the Optimum training and buy a reputable coating and do it all on your own. The average person isn't going to know Optimum from Blackfire from Angel Wax.

12. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12