autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

IDA certification

I have just applied to the IDA. Waiting to get form to pay membership, can't find it on their website so I am guessing they will request it by email or something.

Anyways, my goal is to take the Certification tests ASAP. Any of you who did them have any suggestions on things I might want to look up prior to doing them?

I don't feel I have any area of detailing I am unfamiliar with, but when it comes to exams, some of them have trick questions about uncommon things

Post Thanks / Like

Re: IDA certification

Glad you brought this up. Looking forward to input.

Tom
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    I have just applied to the IDA. Waiting to get form to pay membership, can't find it on their website so I am guessing they will request it by email or something.

Anyways, my goal is to take the Certification tests ASAP. Any of you who did them have any suggestions on things I might want to look up prior to doing them?

I don't feel I have any area of detailing I am unfamiliar with, but when it comes to exams, some of them have trick questions about uncommon things
    You can pay online. That's the way I did mine. There may be a glitch in the system. Give them a call.

There are some study guides online. I would recommend looking them over. Do a google search on "ida certification study guide".

Post Thanks / Like

yes, I just renewed my membership and it's wonky to find the spot to pay.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankS View Post
    There are some study guides online. I would recommend looking them over. Do a google search on "ida certification study guide".
    I agree with this completely. The test is not necessarily on a geek level. The 'correct' answer is often better aligned with production type work. That is to say, something you may consider unthinkable or unsafe is perfectly acceptable. The study guide will lay out a lot of this information, if the study guide doesn't address it specifically, then go with your best practice, you will probably still get a few wrong.
    Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I’m sorry I still don’t get the point of IDA and a lot of my customers have no clue what it is. I had a membership last year but all I got out of it was a army of emails that had no point to me

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

7. Likes Flash Gordon, zmcgovern45, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree people don't know what it is. On the other hand, if on your website you give links to the IDA they can find out.

I have no idea if this is a waste of time and/or money but I decided to go forward with it. I registered and paid for the exams... unfortunatelly I have to wait 8 days to receive the access codes for it. So if you are planning to do this, be aware of the delay. I had reserved my whole day to do all the exams...

I am planning on doing the skill validation when I take the Optimum certified installer trainning with Yvan Lacroix this spring.

9. Likes Dan Tran liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well. To my surprise they sent me all the passwords today despite the 8 days delay they mentionned in the payment confirmation email.

So I just completed the 10 exams and my lowest score was 90% on 2 of them. Rest was 100% and 1 92.5%. I just wished they would say what question I got wrong. Some of those questions were a little strange to me so I had to take about 8 guesses through all the exams.

So I guess now I have to wait for my confirmation for the skill testing title?

The whole thing took about 2 hours I think... hard so say I did not look at the time when I started.

I think one of the questions is incorrect in the paint correction list. Is asks which of the following has the least amount of cut: Compound, Heavy Polish, Cleaner Wax, Light polish. I answered Light Polish since I know products like D151 and D166 have a lot more cut than a light polish like Mirror Glaze M205. But in a later questions it was clear that they wanted Cleaner wax as the product with the least cut... so that might have been one of my mistakes...

Anyway... passage was 80% and my average is over 95% so I should stop being so picky LOL

11. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How much does it cost to join IDA?

Post Thanks / Like

$120 + $200 for the test I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

14. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast