autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: IDA certification

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    All jokes aside, I have no idea if this is gonna be helpful or not.

The way I look at it, it's 500$ for marketing. It may or may not give me jobs. But if it gives me 1 paint correction job in the first year, it has paid for itself. Plus I think having a validation from an international organisation makes you look more professional, and our industry is all about appearance. So every little bit helps.

I am looking forward to see how good the online training is gonna be. I don't think I will be going to any conferences since they are all in the USA and I don't even have a passport And I am not gonna pay 200$ to get a passport then an other 1000$ to fly to Florida and pay hotels for 3 days for training (sorry)
    I’m in the USA and not doing all that. I’ve been in business 10 years and haven’t been outside my area business wise. I train ppl for free I don’t really care about competition because I look at it like this all my customers are loyal. They know my skills and my worth so they come back. All my employees I fire after 6 months to a year. Why because I want them to understand you will never make it to the top working for someone else be in business for yourself. I will get you going but then I throw you to the wolves. Remember If you ever come for me or test my skills I’ll destroy you lol I may teach you somethings but not everything lol

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

2. Likes Cruzscarwash, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClearVue18 View Post
    I’ve been in business 10 years and All my employees I fire after 6 months to a year.[/url]
    What if it’s Christmas time?IDA certification

Post Thanks / Like

Geez I’m not heartless. They are gone and on their own by Halloween. They are doing well most start making 40k on there own starting out so no Grinch Christmas.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClearVue18 View Post
    . All my employees I fire after 6 months to a year. Why because I want them to understand you will never make it to the top working for someone else be in business for yourself. I will get you going but then I throw you to the wolves. Remember If you ever come for me or test my skills I’ll destroy you lol I may teach you somethings but not everything lol

my hero

6. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn’t spend that kind of money on something my customers never heard of and probably don’t care if I belong to or not

8. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What I liked about detailing was that it was easy to get into the game. It embodied the true enteprenural, industrious spirit of America back in the day.

I liked the idea that I could go to the department store, my insurance agent, and the county clerk's office, and in an hour or so be in business. These type of "accredited organizations" seem to be a stop gap measure to that.

It reminds me of "pay to play" in the music scene. Gatekeeping, and exclusion are other terms that come to mind. That these organizations want to position themselves between the entrepreneur and the customer, a middle man of sorts. That was the biggest thing I got from Jimbo's interview podcast with the founder.

Mike Phillips

I have just applied to the IDA. Waiting to get form to pay membership, can't find it on their website
    I am an RT or Recognized Trainer for the IDA and I give the SV or Skills Validation tests on the Monday following my big 3-day classes and on Sunday after my 2-day Roadshow Classes. AS SUCH - in an effort to help others navigate to where they need to go, I wrote an article that includes all the information PLUS all the links to the various pages to join the IDA, take the CD tests and take the SV tests.

Because I wrote this as a "compliment" to the threads I create to announce and share what you get to do when you take my classes, it's a "Sticky" in this forum group.

Information for Autogeek's 3 Day Detailing Classes with Mike Phillips

Here's the direct link,

IDA SV Certification Testing at Autogeek

And after reading the first couple of posts I this thread I now know I need to include the link to all the info in all y Roadshow Class threads so anyone attending one of the Roadshow Classes that also wants to take the SV test after the class will have this info...

Thanks for the insights about the IDA website - here's the good news... it's getting a complete overhaul. The new website will be more functional and easier to navigate. One thing for sure, I'm so glad I'm not a website designer...

Mike Phillips

I have just applied to the IDA. Waiting to get form to pay membership, can't find it on their website
    I am an RT or Recognized Trainer for the IDA and I give the SV or Skills Validation tests on the Monday following my big 3-day classes and on Sunday after my 2-day Roadshow Classes. AS SUCH - in an effort to help others navigate to where they need to go, I wrote an article that includes all the information PLUS all the links to the various pages to join the IDA, take the CD tests and take the SV tests.

Because I wrote this as a "compliment" to the threads I create to announce and share what you get to do when you take my classes, it's a "Sticky" in this forum group.

Information for Autogeek's 3 Day Detailing Classes with Mike Phillips

Here's the direct link,

IDA SV Certification Testing at Autogeek

And after reading the first couple of posts I this thread I now know I need to include the link to all the info in all my Roadshow Class threads so anyone attending one of the Roadshow Classes that also wants to take the SV test after the class will have this info...

Thanks for the insights about the IDA website - here's the good news... it's getting a complete overhaul. The new website will be more functional and easier to navigate. One thing for sure, I'm so glad I'm not a website designer...

Mike Phillips

Interesting read --> this thread...

I love reading other people's comments. I also just shared the link to this thread on the IDA Facebook Group and encouraged the IDA members to chime in if they felt so inclined...

Carry on...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    What I liked about detailing was that it was easy to get into the game. It embodied the true enteprenural, industrious spirit of America back in the day.

I liked the idea that I could go to the department store, my insurance agent, and the county clerk's office, and in an hour or so be in business. These type of "accredited organizations" seem to be a stop gap measure to that.

It reminds me of "pay to play" in the music scene. Gatekeeping, and exclusion are other terms that come to mind. That these organizations want to position themselves between the entrepreneur and the customer, a middle man of sorts. That was the biggest thing I got from Jimbo's interview podcast with the founder.
    Yes great points but....taking a online test isn’t really being certified if that the case I would be a lawyer cause I’ve been certified for years since I’m very good at being a jerk and auguring my opponent into submission Lol. Paying $320 just to say I’m certified. You can still be the worst detailer on earth and still have a certification though them. I dont knock anyone if that’s what you want to do then by all means but I would invest in other things. Who certifies them to certify?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast