autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Website ideas

Post Thanks / Like

Website ideas

I’ve decided that its time for a website for my detailing business, I wanted to get some feedback as far as what you’ve found that works and doesn’t work.

Have you found anything in particular that you get a good response from potential customers? Like sales on the website or have very specific list of what each package consists of or is it better to keep it simple?

I don’t know why but I feel hesitant to list the prices for each detail I have never put any pricing information online I just wanted people to call and ask about pricing info. Maybe that’s not the best way to conduct business.

I’m just looking for some feedback I’m really hoping that this will be a great way for me to reach new customers I know about how many details I get per year by just word of mouth so I’m excited to see how much a website will help.

Thanks
    Jordan

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Website ideas

Use a white background. My personal preference.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I was debating on if I should do anything with the background. I think I have it a light gray right now I’ll probaly just leave it alone. It seems like it could be really easy to make everything too cluttered and overwhelming

Thanks
    Jordan

Post Thanks / Like

I just finished some updating on my site to freshen things up a bit. People seem to like it and the ease of navigation and abundant information.

FirehouseDetail.com

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Firehouse Mike View Post
    I just finished some updating on my site to freshen things up a bit. People seem to like it and the ease of navigation and abundant information.

FirehouseDetail.com

Mike
    I like your site, Mike. Simple.

Post Thanks / Like

My recommendations are to make sure it works on mobile devices very well, try and give a full list of services you offer, post plenty of pictures (especially before and after) and I like including pricing. I think including pricing makes people feel better because they know what they can afford to do and they know you're not going to jack the price up on them because they drive a Mercedes instead of a Kia.

Mobile devices are the key. We use Google AdWords and when I look at the analytics I'mm always surprised to see that something like 85% of the click throughs to our site are via phones.

Post Thanks / Like

Focus on making the website mobile-friendly and easy for people to navigate and understand. Avoid using too many industry terms that might not be familiar or register with your customers. Have a portfolio, a testimonials/reviews pg, & make sure you have a contact form so people can contact you easily. Just a few suggestions. Good luck with your website!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    My recommendations are to make sure it works on mobile devices very well, try and give a full list of services you offer, post plenty of pictures (especially before and after) and I like including pricing. I think including pricing makes people feel better because they know what they can afford to do and they know you're not going to jack the price up on them because they drive a Mercedes instead of a Kia.

Mobile devices are the key. We use Google AdWords and when I look at the analytics I'mm always surprised to see that something like 85% of the click throughs to our site are via phones.
    That's actually pretty surprising that 85% of the views were from phones. I wasn't expecting it too be that high. I know i don't search the internet too much on my phone mostly for the fact that most of the sights are very limited on your phone. I saw that you can edit the site for the mobile app I will defiantly pay more attention to that to make sure its easy to negative on your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerwash View Post
    Focus on making the website mobile-friendly and easy for people to navigate and understand. Avoid using too many industry terms that might not be familiar or register with your customers. Have a portfolio, a testimonials/reviews pg, & make sure you have a contact form so people can contact you easily. Just a few suggestions. Good luck with your website!
    I figured I shouldn't use to many industry terms. I was debating on if I should explain a little bit about waterless and rinse-less washes. I know a have a ton of customers that are amazed that there vehicle gets washed with only a couple of buckets so I thought about explaining the process a little bit.

I do appreciate the suggestions

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdbillin View Post
    That's actually pretty surprising that 85% of the views were from phones. I wasn't expecting it too be that high. I know i don't search the internet too much on my phone mostly for the fact that most of the sights are very limited on your phone. I saw that you can edit the site for the mobile app I will defiantly pay more attention to that to make sure its easy to negative on your phone.

I figured I shouldn't use to many industry terms. I was debating on if I should explain a little bit about waterless and rinse-less washes. I know a have a ton of customers that are amazed that there vehicle gets washed with only a couple of buckets so I thought about explaining the process a little bit.

I do appreciate the suggestions

Thank you
    Hey, believe me, I was shocked too. I'm an old guy, I mean I use my phone, but I'm more likely to sit down at my computer to look for something. But I guess those days are long gone.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel like i’m the same way i use my phone a lot but if i’m Doing research i will get on the computer. Come to think of it i have been researching different retailers websites for ideas but its all been on the computer. I’ll have to see how they have everything formatted on their mobile version

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast