autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Website ideas

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Website ideas

Mobile has to be friendly, many, many templates are mobile friendly and automagically handle the conversion for you. Google is very sensitive to your location address. I am located in Silicon Valley where the big bux are distributed, so I added at the back of my website, and this has to be visible or Google will punish your ranking, a one page ditty on surrounding cities. So for instance San Jose is a huge city, but my home address is a suburb of San Jose, so if you type in "Auto detailing San Jose," I don't show up, as my home address is not in San Jose. By adding a back page to my site for San Jose and saying it is 15 minutes from my shop and we are a premium detailer, bla, bla, bla...I now show up under that search criteria.

Post Thanks / Like

As far as location, a google generated map of your location(s) served works better than a static page of cities. If SEO were as easy as you make it sound, everybody would be able to do it and people wouldn't need to pay for help to get ranking on Google.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Firehouse Mike View Post
    I just finished some updating on my site to freshen things up a bit. People seem to like it and the ease of navigation and abundant information.

FirehouseDetail.com

Mike

Nice job on your website.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    As far as location, a google generated map of your location(s) served works better than a static page of cities. If SEO were as easy as you make it sound, everybody would be able to do it and people wouldn't need to pay for help to get ranking on Google.
    I have to a DUH????, ### what are you talking about???? I never said it was simple(Where did I say that?) just giving a HUGE tip on how to address(pun intended) on how to get Google to know about surrounding areas where your shop is. It has been very effective for me, and hopefully others get it.
    And yes by doing what I do, my shop is the first one on the location map for not only my area but the surrounding areas I am interested in being exposed to.
    I know SEO and what Google looks for. Don't take advantage of my tip, no harm no foul but hopefully others get it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeepReflections View Post
    I have to a DUH????, ### what are you talking about???? I never said it was simple(Where did I say that?) just giving a HUGE tip on how to address(pun intended) on how to get Google to know about surrounding areas where your shop is. It has been very effective for me, and hopefully others get it.
    And yes by doing what I do, my shop is the first one on the location map for not only my area but the surrounding areas I am interested in being exposed to.
    I know SEO and what Google looks for. Don't take advantage of my tip, no harm no foul but hopefully others get it.
    You have a pretty high opinion of yourself for a guy that can't form a sentence. It's not a huge tip. You're throwing yourself out there as some sort of SEO expert about how to get ranking on Google. Including your service areas is a no brainer, but that's not how you're getting ranking on Google. You say you know SEO, but I don't think you do.

Post Thanks / Like

Website ideas

Hey guys!

I decided for myself, it’s a great idea to have a website with prices on.

Please keep in mind—this may be case by case. If I felt that for my area, it helped me weed out what I call the “cheapos.”

Basically I have gotten to the point that when they see my prices and the pictures of my work, it either makes sense to my clientele or it doesn’t. I move on. They move on. Otherwise, we start talking business.

I have been monitoring the progress of my website and have come to realize that 90% of the people who have called me in the past have never looked at my website. This is based on me asking them really.

BUT for the ones who have looked at my website, what did it for them was having a quality picture gallery on there. Also having testimonials on there helped too!

My testimonials I placed on the same page as my contact page.

I can be more thorough with my website, but for now, it works for what I need it to do. I pretty much morphed my website into a large Instagram style thing going on.

Have a look—my website should be listed below.

Otherwise check it out at Top Best Mobile Auto Detailing near Portsmouth, NH and the Seacoast | The Buffing Moose Detailing

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

It's simple and I like it. I do a suggestion though to clean up a paragraph in your about page.

Countless hours were spent researching the latest products and technology. I have also tested over time many products and tools available today's detailing industry. Yet, only a handful of these far exceeded my own demands.
    Maybe "Countless hours have been spent researching and testing many of the latest products, technology and tools available to the detailing industry, yet only a handful of these have exceeded my own demands and these are the ones I have chosen to incorporate into my business."

Something like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Dan Tran, I like the pics on the website, my only issue is that when I first landed on it, I clicked through the links at the bottom left not knowing seeing the circle with the i in it at the top right. It took me several minutes to figure out that for info about your company that I needed to click on that circle. Normally, I would have left, but only because I was testing the site did I stick around and figure out what I needed to do. This could be just me, but I imagine other people are landing on your page and don't understand what to do to see pics of your work or a menu and prices. My $0.02.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Firehouse Mike View Post
    I just finished some updating on my site to freshen things up a bit. People seem to like it and the ease of navigation and abundant information.

FirehouseDetail.com

Mike
    My $0.02...when I land on your page, it's really busy, just a whole lot going on. For example, my first two looks at it, I missed the navi buttons because of the large font surrounding them and the pics.

I do technical writing and editing as part of my job and I noticed the following things, so don't take offense, it's just what I see when looking at other's writing:

"There is a tremendous sense of pride and ownership between a firefighter and their fire engine" - replace the "their" with "his" or possibly rewrite as, "There is a tremendous sense of pride and ownership felt by a firefighter for his fire engine."

On this page - Firehouse Mobile Auto Detailing - there are graphics covering up your text...though, the same is happening on this page, Firehouse Mobile Auto Detailing, too, so maybe that's a thing you're doing intentionally?

"After a through polishing to remove 70-80% of paint imperfections"... Change that "through" to "thorough".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    It's simple and I like it. I do a suggestion though to clean up a paragraph in your about page.

Maybe "Countless hours have been spent researching and testing many of the latest products, technology and tools available to the detailing industry, yet only a handful of these have exceeded my own demands and these are the ones I have chosen to incorporate into my business."

Something like that.
    Good call.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast