autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

IDA podcast from Mobile Tech Expo (Link)

I spent 1 hour listening to a group of detailing giants talking about the IDA. Of course Mike Phillips was present. The IDA seems to have a group of genuinely nice guys in charge. Probably pretty damn good at detailing too. Worth watching/listening to.

Normally I wouldn’t link to a competitor, however, there is little promoting of said competitor.

Link:
    YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

Re: IDA podcast from Mobile Tech Expo (Link)

Very interesting. Thank you for posting the video.

I have been on the fence for 2 years about the IDA. To me, it was about skill validation and recognition. I felt (and still feel) that the IDA doesn't have any recognition with the general public.

After watching this video, I must say I see that there is a lot of potential with the amazing group on the board.

So now that I know Yvan Lacroix is on the board, I will very likelly join this spring. The idea of having to fly to Florida to do skill validation did not appeal at all to me. But if there is a way to do it in Canada, then that changes things!

So, thanks again for the video, I wish there was more of them regarding the organisation.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought one of the most interesting topics was membership. From 500 to 1000 members in one year, very impressive growth.

I would like to start getting a little more serious about detailing part-time. Having the IDA logo on a business card is worth the $110 membership cost alone. As membership increases, so will public’s awareness/recognition of the IDA.

Glad I could link the info to you

4. Likes miniSguy liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Thanks for sharing the link.

I received and e-mail that the podcast had been edited and uploaded but just one of the things I couldn't get to while setting up for the boat class last week.

We did this recording Friday night at MTE, this was after I had taught 8 classes that day. That was long day....

Again, thanks for sharing...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a part timer as well, and have been an IDA member going on three years. The IDA has given me more than a logo, for sure. It has opened the door to many relationships and opportunities. I plan to get my CD-SV this year and with the encouragement and support from IDA members I have learned SO MUCH. And the best feature of all is that these guys and gals are very reachable. I can email or even call and talk to people that are huge in the business. Everyone is focused on helping you succeed. Great group of folks, here!

7. Likes LEDetailing liked this post