autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING: What methods has helped you in the past?

I am curious to know what your business is doing in regards to online marketing. So, here are to three questions that come to mind:

What’s your preferred social media platform?

What strategies do you have in place that has worked or currently?

Have you ever ran a contest giveaway to increase fan base & followers?

(ex. Free Wash & Shine Detail—post a picture of your ride as it sits with #brandname)

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING: What methods has helped you in the past?

I don’t own a business like this as of now BUT this is how I found my local guy and how I learn about new products. I prefer Instagram

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have any other social media presence other than a business Facebook page & even then, I was pretty late to the game. We started a Facebook page for the shop in July 2016 Details - Blenheim - Home | Facebook & other than that & beforehand all of my business was simply word of mouth.

I had people telling me I needed to make a Facebook page so potential clientele could see the work we were putting out. I certainly notice the amount of interest & the boost in bookings from having a Facebook account compared to not. It's a great way to catch peoples eye if you're prepared to keep it fresh. We don't chase the "likes" by doing giveaways etc & I notice locally (New Zealand) that alot of other detailing business pages have way more "likes" than us but as far as post engagements we knock it out of the park in that regard.

I'm not talking hundreds or thousands of post engagements but say, pages with 10,000+ followers on average are getting 12 post engagements & most are City detailers. We are a small town shop & on average we get 30+ post engagements & we only have 800 followers to date.

I believe it is because we keep the page refreshed & interesting. Good before & after pictures help & I have found that because of my market - the SIVs aren't always getting the interest I even expected. It's the run-of-the-mill cars like the dirty Toyota Hilux or Swirled out Honda Accords that make up 80% of my clientele that get the most attention & thus - get me bookings. Also I notice that it pays to write for the masses too, not for other detailers if you get what I mean.

As for giveaways - not something we do that often. Have done it a couple of times but alot of the time the "likers" or "sharers" only want to win something & aren't really all that interested in what you do. Well, thats how I have seen it anyhow. That & well I simply cannot afford to give things away.

This is what has worked for us, I hope there is some relevant info in there for you mate.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

4. Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING: What methods has helped you in the past?

Good information. I am not desperate by any means.

I have always been interested in learning the social media game. I am late to the party on all platforms.

I like Instagram to show off my work from time to time. I post more pictures on Google my business more because it reaches the locals more.

LinkedIn is honestly what I focus most of my time in believe it or not.

Instagram—I’m starting to see the value of having a business profile. I don’t listen to the blogs online saying not to have a business profile because people. Like personal engagement.

I A/B my personal vs. business profile and I found for a detailer, I got more engagement out of the deal. I follow as many local businesses on Instagram because it helps get me known with the other local businesses. Also I engage with their pictures too!

The honest truth is: IT ALL goes down in the DM.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

6. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I prefer the original social media. Making the phone ring. I'm very good on the phone.