autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Paint Coating Prices

Hello everyone, this is my first post on autogeek. I received Mckee’s 37 paint coating (new formula) and Optimum Gloss-Coat paint coating (new formula) as Christmas gifts. I am new to paint coatings and thinking about offering paint coatings in my business. I don’t know how to price them accordingly and if I need to take any precautions when applying these coatings. If it helps, I live in Northern Lower Michigan.

Thank you in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Paint Coating Prices

Welcome to Autogeek!

You will probably have to do some searching on this and see what the local competition is offering. Prices will vary depending upon the type of coating you are going to apply as well. Certainly you would charge less for applying McKee's coating than you would if you were to apply CQuartz Finest or Modesta. You'll also have to decide whether to cook this in with a package or whether you are going to offer it a la carte or as an add-on package for an existing detail project. The market will vary, but people will charge anywhere from $500 to $1500 for the pleasure of having a coating applied. Prices may also vary depending upon the size of the vehicle as well. It's also going to vary if you are simply talking about paint coating or whether you are going the distance and coating wheels, glass and trim as well.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    Welcome to Autogeek!

You will probably have to do some searching on this and see what the local competition is offering. Prices will vary depending upon the type of coating you are going to apply as well. Certainly you would charge less for applying McKee's coating than you would if you were to apply CQuartz Finest or Modesta. You'll also have to decide whether to cook this in with a package or whether you are going to offer it a la carte or as an add-on package for an existing detail project. The market will vary, but people will charge anywhere from $500 to $1500 for the pleasure of having a coating applied. Prices may also vary depending upon the size of the vehicle as well. It's also going to vary if you are simply talking about paint coating or whether you are going the distance and coating wheels, glass and trim as well.
    Thank you for the reply! It is helpful. I am still trying to gather information just thought I’d try to reach out to the AG world.

Post Thanks / Like

I would encourage you to do your own thorough and detailed testing so that you are very familiar with the products, their application, their benefits, and perhaps most importantly - their limitations.

Once you consider yourself to be very knowledgeable and experienced with the coatings, absolutely offer them to customers and, with any service, charge as much as your market will support. Our paint coatings started at $250 and went up to $500. This was in addition to any cleaning and paint correction work that was done prior to coating (so typically $1000+ invoices).

Paint coatings can do wonderful things for your business if you are truthful, knowledgeable, and a good salesman.

Retired Professional Detailer

5. Likes Maxreed241, SWETM, kevincwelch liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hoping to try out the coatings next week to get some experience

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    I would encourage you to do your own thorough and detailed testing so that you are very familiar with the products, their application, their benefits, and perhaps most importantly - their limitations.

Once you consider yourself to be very knowledgeable and experienced with the coatings, absolutely offer them to customers and, with any service, charge as much as your market will support. Our paint coatings started at $250 and went up to $500. This was in addition to any cleaning and paint correction work that was done prior to coating (so typically $1000+ invoices).

Paint coatings can do wonderful things for your business if you are truthful, knowledgeable, and a good salesman.
    What Zach Said!

What is great about the McKee's 37 Coating is it is not going to break your bank, Increasing profit margins while being able to charge a more attractive price point.

You would want to be at the 250+ Range (Just for the coating) That is not including any paint correction or extra add on services.

If someone wants to pay me 300-400 just to wash and coat a vehicle I am also on board with that (if it does not need major paint correction)

Go around it with McKee's 37 Coating Prep Polish and slap the coating on. Easy and profitable. (Excellent results too!)

8. Likes Maxreed241, SWETM, kevincwelch liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@NextLevelDetail View Post
    What Zach Said!

What is great about the McKee's 37 Coating is it is not going to break your bank, Increasing profit margins while being able to charge a more attractive price point.

You would want to be at the 250+ Range (Just for the coating) That is not including any paint correction or extra add on services.

If someone wants to pay me 300-400 just to wash and coat a vehicle I am also on board with that (if it does not need major paint correction)

Go around it with McKee's 37 Coating Prep Polish and slap the coating on. Easy and profitable. (Excellent results too!)
    Thanks so much Joe!

Newbie Member InnovativeAutoDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge $500 for Optimum Gloss Coat and that includes a 1-step. I just got on with IGL and I will probably keep that price for Ecocoat Quartz+.

11. Thanks Maxreed241, ivanosorio thanked for this post
    Likes Maxreed241 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by InnovativeAutoDetail View Post
    I charge $500 for Optimum Gloss Coat and that includes a 1-step. I just got on with IGL and I will probably keep that price for Ecocoat Quartz+.
    What is your experience/view(s) on optimum gloss coat?

Newbie Member InnovativeAutoDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maxreed241 View Post
    What is your experience/view(s) on optimum gloss coat?

It was easy to install, depth and gloss were 8/10, and to me one of the best consumer coatings out there. No IR heat lamps to cure it and relatively quick curing time before you apply the next layer if you double layer it. For ease of installation I would go with it before any other coatings, that is my take.
    YouTube-Ben Bailey/@innovativeautodetailing on IG/Innovative Auto Detailing-SC on Facebook/IGL Coatings

14. Thanks Maxreed241 thanked for this post
    Likes Dabbac liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast