autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do you offer paint coating warranty?

Look elsewhere, there are plenty of coatings that at certified installer only that doesn't require min order

Post Thanks / Like

In one of the rag company's video, yuan lacroix even talks about how the warranty is a bit pointless so something to think about. Like I said earlier, I don't even know how you can warranty a product being there when you would need a 20 thousand dollar tool to even prove that on a molecular level, the resin is still on the paint and that the resin contains enough of the active ingredient, it being sio2 or sic still in the resin to make a difference.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

Just thinking about it, alot of these coatings sheet water and do not really bead as much. For a person to come in and say I need another coating and then it does not or they did not care for their vehicle, its making you lose huge amounts of money. My only way id go back and help a customer is that if the coating was done wrong or spots were missed and such

Id give the argument back and say that we dont offer a warranty due to such and such
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Post Thanks / Like

I completelly agree that warranties are useless for all the reasons you guys have mentionned. My main objective is to increase sales, and stop wasting time explaining coatings over the phone with no sales coming from it. If no one was offering warranties it would not be an issue, but since my competition is offering it, I have little choice but to do the same.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO, the type of person that gets a coating is the type of person who "needs" a guarantee. Translate that however you see fit. Nothing lasts more than a year, and that's being generous.

'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?"

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    I completelly agree that warranties are useless for all the reasons you guys have mentionned. My main objective is to increase sales, and stop wasting time explaining coatings over the phone with no sales coming from it. If no one was offering warranties it would not be an issue, but since my competition is offering it, I have little choice but to do the same.
    I am not a professional, and don't have to make this decision. But I live my life by the motto that I am not required to participate in every fight to which I am invited. Given what I've read on your thread, I think were I asked about my coating warranty, I would simply reply "There is none". If that makes a potential customer go elsewhere, perhaps you're better off?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

"how do you know the fairy isn't some crazy glue sniffer, build model airplanes says the little fairy"

Post Thanks / Like

At the end of the day, no I would never offer warranties if it was not backed by a bigger company like optimum or car pro or gtechniq. Too much liability.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

9. Likes InnovativeAutoDetail liked this post
    Newbie Member InnovativeAutoDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    At the end of the day, no I would never offer warranties if it was not backed by a bigger company like optimum or car pro or gtechniq. Too much liability.
    This, next thing you know you will be doing the car again.
    YouTube-Ben Bailey/@innovativeautodetailing on IG/Innovative Auto Detailing-SC on Facebook/IGL Coatings

Post Thanks / Like

Let me dive in on this as I offer several coatings, plus my standard detail.
    While not crazy about it at all, but Ceramic Pro offers warranties. The real problem is Ceramic Pro is selling its products to anyone that has Auto Detailing in their title. Their business model is sell to anyone when and where. Supposedly there is a 5 mile territory... ya go figure how exclusive that is. I had one installer within 4 miles of me, 6 within 15 miles of me, which consisted of all the detailing shops in my area. Many of those are less than 5 miles apart from each other.
    The next problem, is due to Ceramic Pro's selling to every detailer on the planet they have created a name in the marketplace. Other coatings are being a bit more careful about their installers, and in turn are not creating a "household name."
    I have started to test two other products, Gyeon and Kamikaze. I lean more towards Kamikaze than Gyeon or Ceramic Pro.
    I have never run up against a "You must purchase "X" amount of product before we can certify you.
    You can order some top quality coatings without a huge, major expense.
    However, I did apply for certification for Gyeon but they wanted to see pictures of my "Studio"." Well I am in a very funky building built in 1932, but in a very, very exclusive area in Silicon Valley. Average income is $350K/year, where I am located and in a town 5 miles from me it is $450K a year. While I told them my studio is not impressive, and they had to see a picture. I see well over $3 million in value, worth of cars a week, and would think this is a very monied crowd you should expose yourself too. Never heard a word back. Really??? I have 90+ 5 star Yelp reviews. so quality of work is not the issue, apparently a nice modern shop is more important than actual exposure to people who are willing to spring for $1000 coating job and can spread the word to the Ferrari, Lambo, Lotus, McClaren, Tesla and on, crowd. Can't even begin to rant on that business model it is so pathetic.

So my bottom line after all this babbling and ranting, my counter discussion about the warranty is if you are leasing your car, or going to sell within the next 4-5 years then my lower priced offering(Kamikaze Miyabe) that will last 24-48 months will work for you. If you bring it in for a wash on a quarterly basis, we apply a product(Overcoat or Polish Angel High Gloss) that extends the life of the coating and while not warranted, it still gives you the longevity you are seeking. If you own and want the warranty then Ceramic Pro is the ticket. But I price CP much higher than the others.

I have had more customers jump on the Kamikaze deal, due to the lower cost then CP. The lease versus owned discussion gets them everytime.
    Questions?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123