autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Encounter with a dealer

I am Korean and the worst customers to deal with are Koreans and Indians. My neighbor who is Indian asked for a interior detail on her Minivan. Her Minivan was in horrendous shape and would probably need 20+ hours of detailing. I quoted her $300 because she was my neighbor and then she was asking for more discounts. I then told her $200 was the best I can do and she was asking me if she wrote a review, I could lower the price down to $60. Keep in mind that I charge extra because I use only purified gallon waters for my extractor/steamer and each gallon cost 80 cents. For her car, I would probably use 50 gallons or more water! I told her $160 was my final offer and she said that she was going to make an appointment the next day. Until this day, no phone calls and I am super happy! Not being racist but in truth, people from India are discount hungry and I just now block them on my phone calls! Not all of them are, but most of them! Koreans are also stingy with money and will not pay a premium for detailing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro Sam View Post
    I am Korean and the worst customers to deal with are Koreans and Indians. My neighbor who is Indian asked for a interior detail on her Minivan. Her Minivan was in horrendous shape and would probably need 20+ hours of detailing. I quoted her $300 because she was my neighbor and then she was asking for more discounts. I then told her $200 was the best I can do and she was telling me if she wrote a review, can I detail her car for 60 dollars for the interior. I told her $160 was my final offer and she said that she was going to make an appointment the next day. Until this day, no phone calls and I am super happy! Not being racist but in truth, people from India are discount hungry and I just now block them on my phone calls! Not all of them are, but most of them! Koreans are also stingy with money and will not pay a premium for detailing.
    Kirk Harrod's Mobile Detailing, Frankfort, KY
    Official Detailer of Camarofest 8 & 9
    No one has detailed more Camaros.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
    Just saying that people will not pay for the premium detail even if we are working are arse off! The opt mention that the customer did not want to pay a premium for a detail and was shocked with the price he gave him. My point is, most people would think that our work is overpriced!

Post Thanks / Like

Ya should have told him $85 and see if he would bite,then say not interested.

Post Thanks / Like

Same thing happened to me, except I was finished doing the work and he said at the beginning just let me know the price after you finish I need them to look brand new, I finished 1 car in about 7 hrs. Work done: light quick polish, wash, headlights, engine, shampoo carpets and seats, "make leather shine" lol his demand even when I said leather shouldn't shine, remove paint from the auction, remove flood water from the hatch, spray under car. I told him it would be 300, his response "I can take it down the street for 50$-70 what did you do for 300$" lol he ended up paying it but I never accepted another call from him

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123