autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lots of changes to my Website (feedback appreciated)

I agree with the above, focus on that car, its amazing!

First thought: You dont brand your company on your web site.

The top of every page is "Professional Auto Detailing In Gainesville" Switch that to your company name/logo, and have that phrasing below the name.

Second: The About page - the part that is actually about you is only about 1/3 the size of the "auto detailing is watered down" spot. Spend some time expanding on that - when you got into detailing after being an automotive enthusiast tired of not having great paint after spending all your time on the car. Helping friends and family until you decided to go full time in 2015. Expand on the opportunity to work with and learn from some of the best in the industry, and then expand on the cars you got to work on with Comp Ready, their value, and specifically if they won awards after you worked on them. That '33 Rolls is amazing, and if it won a best in class or concourse prize, mention it.

Then end with that "watered down" part. It explains why you do what you do, but its not "about us".

Last, a suggestion for the Services page - but the top of your services page starts, in red: Appointment only. A vehicle inspection is required before an estimate is given.

I would maybe work on that. Soften it to
    We work by appointment only, and will do our best to squeeze you in as soon as possible.
    Then on the next paragraph:

The prices listed below are for my home based detailing services, and are based on an average condition vehicle. If there is significant damage that will require special attention that will be addressed during our initial inspection, and a full quote will be provided if pricing will be different than these packages.

I do offer a mobile detailing option for customers who have various concerns and limitations transporting their vehicle. The added cost and flexibility of service for a mobile detailing service will be addressed on a case by case basis.

This conveys the same information, but it tells them to schedule the appointment, not the inspection first, but also gives you the ability to increase the pricing as needed based on condition. The way it reads now almost says "I have to see the car before I will even consider working on it", rather than encouraging them to book you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattg43 View Post
    I agree with the above, focus on that car, its amazing!

First thought: You dont brand your company on your web site.

The top of every page is "Professional Auto Detailing In Gainesville" Switch that to your company name/logo, and have that phrasing below the name.

I had my company name and switched it this morning for SEO and search reasons. But I am with you, that seems just awful to me and I am changing it back.

Post Thanks / Like

This has given me a lot of work on and ponder (and keep me awake lol). Thank you everyone!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone. Although I am still in the process of making modifications to my website, I have already made significant changes. I not only feel much better about the website, I am experiencing the benefits of the changes already via call volume and level of customer interest.

Post Thanks / Like

Website looks good, prices seem low but i also don't live anywhere near you. I see this quite a bit and always wonder if everyone is way faster than i am or if they just work for less.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nrosdal View Post
    Website looks good, prices seem low but i also don't live anywhere near you. I see this quite a bit and always wonder if everyone is way faster than i am or if they just work for less.
    That is mostly a product of the area demographic I am in. If I Iived in a different market my prices would be different. I for the most part came to those price options by taking detailing company's I view as a actual competitors and priced near their range. I.E. only places where we would respect and not be terrified lol leaving our cars, I took the average and tweaked things (some slightly less, some more actually). There is still some personal debate going on in my head about pricing. But that is ofcourse one of many debates taking place for a business owner who is constantly reevaluating things looking through shades of grey.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great, i might follow your lead and see what improvements i can make to my site by posting it.

Mike Phillips

Hi Rodney,

Hope business is good...

I'm no expert, so my suggestions below are just what comes to my mind after looking at the homepage. I downloaded your pictures and put them in your free gallery here. The two for the car are resized to 800 pixels wide.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/galle...0/ppuser/73222

Here's a screenshot of your homepage...

This might be against good SEO techniques but if it were me, I would put the text above or below any pictures, not over the pictures.

Text on the pictures is harder to read.
    Text on the pictures takes away from the pictures.

I write a lot. I want people to read what I write. What I know about people and writing is you want to make it EASY for people to read what your write. What you don't want to do is make it hard for people to read what you write because most people won't work that hard at it and will either scan the page or >click< away.

Here's how I would do it, and again... I'm not a website designer or a SEO genius... so please take the advice of others that are experts in these areas, this is just how I see it from a reading point of view. That is me trying to take in your information so I can make the yes or no decision to call you and have you detail my car.

First - Place the text over the picture.

Second - In the second sentence, add the state to go with the city and then you can remove the first 4 words in the third sentence.

Third - Don't target one customer, target all potential customers, re-write the third sentence to read,

Mirror Reflections Auto Spa provides vehicle detailing services for discerning customers who desire superior quality

Fourth - Under the picture write who you are and what you're doing and what you're working on, don't make people wonder or guess.

Mirror Reflections Auto Spa - Auto Detailing

Professional Auto Detailing in Gainesville, Florida

Based in Gainesville, Florida, Mirror Reflections Auto Spa provides a vehicle detailing service for the discerning customer who desires superior quality

Owner Rodney Tatum claying the wheel cover on an 1933 Rolls Royce Phantom II to prep it for
    polishing and waxing for display and competition at the 2016 Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance.

This car was featured on the TV show, Competition Ready on Velocity Channel.

Next picture

First - Not sure where you obtained the below picture but what makes a Rolls Royce cool is the front of the car. It's massive and has a unique and over the top look with it's huge bucket headlights, radiator ornament, flowing fenders and of course the massive grill.

There are high resolution pictures of all the cars that have been on our show on our TV show website, CompetitionReadyTV.com

I surfed up to the CR website, located Season 1, Episode 8 and located the orginal picture, downloaded, cropped out the fluff, resized what was left to 800 pixels wide. Here it is...

Then in text over the picture write,

1933 Rolls Royce Phantom II

This is one of many cars Rodney Tatum has been trusted to work on and
    prep for prestigious events like the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance

This next section starts with a negative. The rest is okay, sounds like something I would write.

The problem with auto detailing today is not that customers expect too much it is that they expect far too little. The Auto Detailing industry has become watered down. Anyone can claim to be a car care expert with a bucket of soap and water. But the title Professional Auto Detailer means more than just uttering the redundant cliché "we'll treat your car like it is our own". A professional understands and welcomes the skills and attention to detail necessary to deliver superior results.

Here's the deal though, people think like this,

What's in it for me?

So tell them what's in it for them.

Here's why you can trust Mirror Reflections Auto Spa

When it comes to hiring someone to work on your car, you want someone that truly knows what the are doing. You want someone that understand the factory clearcoat finish on a new car is thinner than a post-it note.

The average post-it note is approximately 3mils thin. The factory clearcoat paint on a new car is around 2 mils thin.

Rodney Tatum, owner of Mirror Reflections Auto Spa

• Knows how to correctly inspect your car with you to make sure all your concerns are addressed.
    • Offers several detailing packages to fit every car and ever budget, not everyone wants or needs a show car detail and Rodney understands this.
    • Understands modern paint technology as well as all the modern materials used in new cars.
    • Owns and uses safe tools like orbital polishers instead of tools like rotary buffers that put in swirls and burn paint.
    • Uses all the latest innovations in compounds, polishes and buffing pads for swirl-free show car results.
    • Can detail your car to restore it to a factory new appearance and moving forward take care of your car on a regular basis to maintain its appearance.

"I love my work. I have a passion for detailing cars. I'm always open to new customers that appreciate hard workers and quality work

Give me a call today and tell me what kind of car you have and what area of the car needs attention and let's set up an appointment to make your car shine again!"

Rodney Tatum
    888-888-8888

I don't know.... something like that...

Post Thanks / Like

Many thanks sir!

Post Thanks / Like

Rodney, looking good and I can't wait to see the final product!

Hope all is well bro!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12