autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Craigslist flagged all my ad's..

Stay away from it.Those people. Are price shoppers not value minded individuals.

Post Thanks / Like

Craigslist doesn't have a lot of rules but you seem to have violated their guidelines. First, their Terms of Service are very loose but they do say that by posting on CL you agree to, among other things, their terms of moderation. Here is a bit of that section:

"MODERATION. You agree we may moderate CL access and use in our sole discretion, e.g. by blocking (e.g. IP addresses), filtering, deletion, delay, omission, verification, and/or access/account/license termination."

Next, CL outlines their guidelines in their FAQ ( https://www.craigslist.org/about/help/faq ) . The section that applies to you is as follows:

"How often can I post?
    You may post to one category and in one city, no more than once every 48 hours. If you try to post something similar to an active post of yours on the site, you may get a blocked message. Removing the similar active post should help, unless it is less than 48 hours old."

Six ads per day clearly violates this and opens you to action on their part.

Now for some opinion. The user policing of CL appears to be fairly fickle. I recently read and article written by a business owner in New York about her experience with CL policing.
    Craig?s List?s Dirty Little Secret: Who?s Policing the Flagging Police?

If you don't want to read the entire piece, here's the section you should pay attention to:
    "... I discovered that Craig’s List has been taken over by a handful of self-appointed police who flag ads arbitrarily. Anyone can get an ad deleted on Craig’s List by flagging it a couple of times from different ip addresses (say, work and home). There is no recourse, no higher authority to appeal to. Your ad is gone and, aside from a curt email notification, that’s the end of it. Try re-posting, and you’re likely to get deleted again, except now that you’ve been flagged once, you’re penalized: one flag is enough to immediately delete your ad."

Just to check out what the author said, I looked over the the CL Flag Help Forum where folks that get flagged can ask why. Most of the flagged ads were for valid reasons and one of the most frequent reasons was violation of the 48 hour reposting rule. But it wasn't tough to find arbitrary censorship. For example, an ad for IT consulting services was flagged and when the poster asked why the first response was, "Blowhard ad. Put me on the list when the rest of your book is published" Yeah, the original post was a bit excessive but when exactly did the poster cross the line such that their ad would be flagged?

Here's an unofficial piece of advice that may or may not still work. A friend who posted her services frequently on CL said that 2 or 3 times through the day, she would go into the ad and change something minor like adding or deleting a period, space, or comma. That small edit would pop the ad to the top of the list.

Your mileage may vary,

Bill

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i have nothing of value to add. But I just want to say congrats that you are pulling that many customers from Craigslist.
    Carolina`s Finest Detailing - Charlotte areas preferred CQuartz Finest Reserve & GTECHNIQ Crystal Serum Ultra coating center. STEK/Suntek PPF
    www.Carolinasfinestdetailing.me

Post Thanks / Like

I know you are just trying to get some work.But,the robots and Algorithms in San Francisco look at you as a spammer.If your ads are staying up for hours or days its your competition flagging you.If your ads never go live or go down after a few min. its the robots and Algorithms.Pull back for several days or a week.Re-write all your ads and only put one or two every 48 hours....Good luck to you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12