autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Uniforms / work clothes

hey guys,

I am currently working on buying clothes to work in this summer.

Last year I had a heat stroke during a detail and almost got a second one about 3 weeks later. Thankfully I saw the signs before it hit me so I went inside and cooled down for 15 minutes to prevent it.

So I need to change my work clothes. I normally wear a polyesther t-shirt with my logo on it (light gray) and black cargo pants or black short pants.

I decided to order some long sleeve polyesther white t-shirts that I will have my logo printed on. Not to sure what to wear on my legs. I know cargo pants are way too warm. And shorts exposes your legs to the sun... so what to wear?

Also I think I should be wearing some head protection. I know Garry Dean likes to use floppy hats. I think they look really silly but it might be the best thing to protect the head and neck.

What do you guys wear and what would you suggest?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Uniforms / work clothes

I wear just cotton tees.Nothing for head or neck.people call me a camel cause I don't drink water. Im focused on getting the job done and getting the check.I should wear something but I don't and I even hate a car key in my pocket.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    hey guys,

Last year I had a heat stroke during a detail and almost got a second one about 3 weeks later. Thankfully I saw the signs before it hit me so I went inside and cooled down for 15 minutes to prevent it.

So I need to change my work clothes. I normally wear a polyesther t-shirt with my logo on it (light gray) and black cargo pants or black short pants.

I decided to order some long sleeve polyesther white t-shirts that I will have my logo printed on. Not to sure what to wear on my legs. I know cargo pants are way too warm. And shorts exposes your legs to the sun... so what to wear?

Also I think I should be wearing some head protection. I know Garry Dean likes to use floppy hats. I think they look really silly but it might be the best thing to protect the head and neck.

What do you guys wear and what would you suggest?
    Calendyr, Head protection will keep your head cooler, and thereby mitigate fluid loss from your head from sweat. I also highly recommend bandanas, but those special kind that you soak in water that stay wet and cool for a long time. Tie them around your head and/or neck. Hydration is terribly important, with water but also electrolytes (think sports drinks) to replace the minerals that you're losing while sweating. You should know that once you've had heatstroke, your chance of having it again is increased.
    Good choice on the white long sleeves, but I think cotton and other natural fabrics breathe better than synthetics. See how those work out for you though. There are lots of cargo pants in thin material, sold primarily by outdoor/camping companies, like REI or Backcountry.

Thanks for posting. It's important to remember that how we work is as important as how well we work.

Stay cool!
    1994 300ZX 2+2 MT, sole owner, 239K mi
    2005 Ford Escape XLT Sport 4WD
    2014 Maserati Quattroporte GTS

Post Thanks / Like

When I worked in landscaping we had to wear pants. Lots of guys wore pants like these when it was really hot.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=work+...I0-NYURcBXqvM:

Post Thanks / Like

Moisture wicking, Moisture wicking, Moisture wicking. Did I mention moisture wicking?

https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/mens

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Calendyr;1482897]hey guys,

What do you guys wear and I wear hanes cotton tee shirts nothing else.There cheap and comfortable.Unfortunately I dont wear head gear. I have 3 polos that are embroidered with my company name that i wear to represent my brand to land a big job such as aviation work.Unfortunately I dont wear head gear.

Post Thanks / Like

Mention head gear twice.How ever its important to keep your neck cool .So I have a cooler with ice and fresh clean towels to wrap around my neck.