autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Got a little anxiety going on here lol need advice for possible first paying job.

I have to say a lot of our pricing depends on the area we live.

Quote Originally Posted by yak0924 View Post
    I wouldn't Polish a Truck for under 500. It's Your Girls family member and Your New At This So Tell HIM 300 for Wash, CLAY, wheels, single Stage Polish Then Wax Or sealant

Don't use a micro cutting Pad on a single Stage Polish. Use a polishing foam Pad.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Steve
    -The Titanic Was Built By Professionals But The Ark By Amateurs-
    "Boanerges"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Got a little anxiety going on here lol need advice for possible first paying job.

Great point. I've been burned so many times because I gave a price sight unseen.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Same here... Sometimes I'll get a picture text with 1 exterior shot from someone I know saying "how much would you charge to detail this 2013 Ford F150"?
    And I think oh great that's gonna real easy to pinpoint. Lol. But

Or someone asks, "how much do you charge to detail the inside of a Jeep Cherokee"? My 1st thought is "how the heck am I supposed to know in 2 seconds time without having seen the vehicle"? Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Steve
    -The Titanic Was Built By Professionals But The Ark By Amateurs-
    "Boanerges"

Post Thanks / Like

Next time someone says my wifes Suburban, I should just interrupt and say "starts at $500" lol. But seriously...

All great points by eldorado2k, and I do this now as well as I've under priced instead of just saying no. So not I basically just say "for a car like that it starts $200 for just the Xxx and see where the conversation goes from there. In the end if you are polishing and for a car the large you are want to do 4-6 passes you are gonna take a good amount of time so figure out what your time is worth and estimate from there. Personally for AIO like 151 4 passes is my max as it gives more then enough cut and leaves good protection for the client and what the are expecting. If they want more and better then, that's where a normal 3 step comes in and $$. So find your middle ground and go from there

Sent from my Pixel using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Friends and family rate $50/hour.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I would mention paint correction to him but let him know it takes time and is costly. Give him the ins and out so to speak of the process and mention it would probably be around 250 and up just for the wash and wax and then more as you go on. I would include the wheels, and tires and the engine bay for that too
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Post Thanks / Like

People also make me really angry. Neighbors has two of the same car, I was doing some work and im doing everything correctly and my neighbors washing his truck with a sponge and a bucket -----NO NO NO NO NO. I was asked while doing work how much would you charge. We never spoke about specifics but I put out 100 dollars. They never spoke to me again.

It makes me real angry when some can just drop so much on things yet they think car detailing is nothing at all
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Post Thanks / Like

"Full detail" - $175. Wash / wax exterior. Wheels / tires cleaned and dressed. Brightwork waxed. Glass in and out. Interior vacuum and wipe down. Shouldn't take more than 3 hours even on a Suburban or Tahoe.

"Paint correction" - Full detail as above plus clay and AIO polish - $400
    One step correction then wax or sealant - $550
    Two step correction then wax or sealant - $700

That would be what I would be trying to get out of the job.
    Cherry on Top Auto Detailing, Fishkill NY

https://www.facebook.com/CherryOnTopDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ekennett View Post
    "Full detail" - $175. Wash / wax exterior. Wheels / tires cleaned and dressed. Brightwork waxed. Glass in and out. Interior vacuum and wipe down. Shouldn't take more than 3 hours even on a Suburban or Tahoe.
    They can get that at the local hand car wash for $29 and be back home within an hour....

Post Thanks / Like

They can get that at the local hand car wash for $29 and be back home within an hour....

so what would you suggest on that? Do more .. charge less .. or both? But then again .. I doubt the local car wash it going to be sure to get every part of the panel and dash and all the crevices too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RMarkJr View Post
    so what would you suggest on that? Do more .. charge less .. or both? But then again .. I doubt the local car wash it going to be sure to get every part of the panel and dash and all the crevices too.
    Hand wax or spray??

Idk, your price is 3x more then mine but then again I'm priced higher then all the other detailers in my area. One charges $20 for what you just described. I'd love to be in your area and charge rates like that and have a full schedule that's for sure. If that's what your area supports then go for it man, establish yourself and stick to it

Sent from my Pixel using Autogeekonline mobile app

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast