autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Time saving tips for drying after foam wash?

Boy, you're really losing me here. You say you want to get your foam wash time down to the time it used to take to do waterless...if the foam wash takes you the same or longer than waterless...why don't you stick with waterless?? Or I would do rinseless.

If you want to do the foam cannon etc., you really don't want to be spending (much) time blowing or drying--and you don't want to be hauling your RO water, you need to be talking to your local water treatment company like Culligan or whoever is doing water softening, etc., and get yourself an industrial DI tank, that they will come exchange. You should be able to get 1000-2000 gallons through that before a recharge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Boy, you're really losing me here. You say you want to get your foam wash time down to the time it used to take to do waterless...if the foam wash takes you the same or longer than waterless...why don't you stick with waterless?? Or I would do rinseless.

If you want to do the foam cannon etc., you really don't want to be spending (much) time blowing or drying--and you don't want to be hauling your RO water, you need to be talking to your local water treatment company like Culligan or whoever is doing water softening, etc., and get yourself an industrial DI tank, that they will come exchange. You should be able to get 1000-2000 gallons through that before a recharge.
    I actually was looking at DI systems earlier and will probably get one. I was actually talking to my buddy/housemate/business partner today telling him I'll probably just do the rinseless instead, and not use his pressure washer. But then I thought about it some more, and I don't plan on doing the washes myself for long, and thought I would trust some minimally trained employees more with the foam bath and rinse than the rinseless. The real deciding factor was the fact that it just looks cooler. I'm literally going to be washing cars about 20ft from the edge of the roadway that sees probably around 200,000 cars a day through that spot, and I feel that cars completely covered in foam will be very inviting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraDetailing View Post
    I actually was looking at DI systems earlier and will probably get one.
    I don't know what that means, but if you are looking at things like CR Spotless, I wouldn't do that for business use. As I said, get in touch with one of the local water treatment companies, they will rent you a DI tank and come change it when it's depleted. If you are depleting them fast enough, you can get them to leave you a spare so you will always have DI water.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw that one but was going to settle on the DI Rinse Pro 100. I'll check on getting it delivered, but this is a tiny plot and a very funky intersection with heavy traffic, so it could be pretty difficult to get a tank delivered.

Post Thanks / Like

It's the cost man, and it's a huge pain to change the resin in a tank like that. I'm 99% sure they regenerate the resin in the rental tank, rather than changing it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Super Member Wills.WindowsAndWheels's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Im not sure if theres a place there like there is here - but we rent our spotless tank. Basically it costs us around $15/mo to rent the tank. It has a light on top and when it goes out that means it needs to be swapped out. I just call the company and the next day they deliver a fresh tank and haul off the old one which costs about $80 for the size tank I have. I get roughly 600-650 gallons per tank of spotless water and my water in Az is CRAP. Very high TDS readings, but the spotless water is an absolute must IMO.
    Wills - Windows & Wheels Auto Detailing Detailing LLC
    www.WindowsAndWheels.com
    'Like' Us On Facebook

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12