autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Quickbooks Online...

Anyone using QB online, and what do you think of it?

Thanks

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quickbooks Online...

I use QB for my business, however, not the online version. I prefer to keep my information private and not to say anyone could or would be able to access your information online....I just feel mor secure that way. Additionally, I would save on fees too.
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Horrible, I don't know for what reason they put this soft on a market. My client bought and gave me an access. I wasted 15 hours trying to enter the same vendor bill not overlapping previous entry. Could not even back up company, so as of today online version not for me went back using stand alone. I assume you can download trial version, just click around if it fits your needs go for it.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have use QBO for the past 2 years. Once it's properly set up it save TONS of time. I love how I can access it from any computer. You can enter an expense snap a pic of of the associated receipt and it's stored. I can send an invoice from my phone to a customer. And I am using QB payroll too. It's amazing for withholding taxes and sending in Tax filings and telling me how much $$ to send IRS. Yeah, there's a sharp learning curve. But everything is on YouTube!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

With QB online you need to drink their medicine as they provide it.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a pro detailer, but I am an accountant. The firm I was working for got tired of paying for a server to maintain clients' desktop files, so they started recommending QBO as the next greatest achievement by mankind.

No.

For the people actually working with the system day to day, it sucked. Since all features were actually web pages, (or functioned similarly to web pages) short cuts were gone. After a year or two I could get where I needed to go, but I never grew to like it more than the desktop versions. Writing checks sucked, corrections sucked, looking into transactions sucked. You can't have multiple windows open. You're always having to start over in a process if you need to look at something else.

Then again, I was working in it 20-30 hours a week in a variety of industries. If you need it for basic bookkeeping, I can see how the lower versions are attractive compared to a full $200 desktop software. Having said that, there are ways to accomplish your bookkeeping goals without QBO or a desktop QB version. It depends on your bookkeeping/reporting/analyzing goals for your finances.