autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Mobile Rig. What to pick?

Looking to go mobile this coming year. Nothing large scale so I dont need a full size vehicle. Would also be an occasional driver. Looking for a Crossover/small SUV for this year. But I'm also looking at a Subaru Forester (first pick), the legit Transit Connect (still a little high on price for mileage I want), and a Volvo V70 ish. Price needs to be around $10k or less. <80k miles. Would prefer AWD or at least 4wd. Any other ideas? HHR panel is always on the list too but those damn things are rare!! I'm at a loss for what other options I have. If you're within a few hours of Richmond, VA and looking to dump a vehicle, I'm your man.

Thanks guys.
    -Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mobile Rig. What to pick?

Maybe a small trailer is what you need.The Subaru is quality line that up with a small trailer and your good to go.The transit will suit you fine,but after 90k it's going to nickel and dime you.Dont know much about volvos except they seem to run forever but parts for that and the transit are very expensive.The transit is European and parts as well are really expensive for the smallest thing like a reservoir coolant cap.50.00 and took 4'days to get here.The cooling fan is 563.00 without labor and so on.looking to get a Nissan product like a used nv2500.found one great deal they sold it.The dealer was 100 mi away.Going to wait if something pops up around my area.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Maybe a small trailer is what you need.The Subaru is quality line that up with a small trailer and your good to go.The transit will suit you fine,but after 90k it's going to nickel and dime you.Dont know much about volvos except they seem to run forever but parts for that and the transit are very expensive.The transit is European and parts as well are really expensive for the smallest thing like a reservoir coolant cap.50.00 and took 4'days to get here.The cooling fan is 563.00 without labor and so on.looking to get a Nissan product like a used nv2500.found one great deal they sold it.The dealer was 100 mi away.Going to wait if something pops up around my area.
    Yeah I may end up building a trailer to tow behind for water and generator, but most of my clients don't mind if I use theirs. I dont really ever go anywhere that doesn't have water or electricity, but I'd love to be able to pick up some business accounts and be fully self-sufficient.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2000 Ford Expedition. The first generation Expys have hard mounts in the back for seats. I have removed all the seats except the driver and front passenger. Inside I have a dual fuel generator, by Champion. On propane it is 6300 watts. Also have a 20gal DeWALT air compressor, 5.7 CFM at 90 psi. I also have a 37 gallon water tank, plus pressure washer. I even have a quick jack that lifts a whole vehicle up at one time. On the roof I have a Thule. This carries my shop vac and all my towels, pads, and Tornador.

My Expedition has 225k miles on it and it is strong, and reliable. I avg 13 mpg with all the weight.

Should you want pics let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

Major vote for the HHR, but you already knew I'd say that. Hope your able to find one as they're perfect for what you've described.
    Dynamic Detailing
    Website | Instagram | Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a fan of the HHR. While I haven't pulled the trigger on one yet, I love the size and style especially when painted and decals applied. Google "HHR mobile detail" and look at the images. There are some awesome looking vehicles to inspire you to go HHR.

Post Thanks / Like

Mobile Rig. What to pick?

My pick would be a ram promaster city...little bigger than a hhr and more head room... honestly the larger cargo area will pay off by being able to carry more stuff when you want to add services

A trailer is ok but can be a pain when you want to back it into tight driveways or areas. I had a 5x8 and would have rather had a ram promaster instead... much less of a footprint in tighter areas

If you purchase a vehicle I would highly recommend setting it up to have a small water tank in it. Once you have water and a generator you are set and you can detail anywhere. I had my trailer set up so nice that even if the customer had water I just preferred my own set up since it was quicker and more efficient. Plus if you have a generator you don't have to worry about blowing customers circuit breakers in their houses with the carpet extractor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jarred767 View Post
    Major vote for the HHR, but you already knew I'd say that. Hope your able to find one as they're perfect for what you've described.
    Not even the least bit surprised you'd say that lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sharply Dressed View Post
    I'm a fan of the HHR. While I haven't pulled the trigger on one yet, I love the size and style especially when painted and decals applied. Google "HHR mobile detail" and look at the images. There are some awesome looking vehicles to inspire you to go HHR.
    Yeah, thats always on the list, but finding one with the mileage i want and price is nearly impossible. Hard to find in general.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCity View Post
    My pick would be a ram promaster city...little bigger than a hhr and more head room... honestly the larger cargo area will pay off by being able to carry more stuff when you want to add services

A trailer is ok but can be a pain when you want to back it into tight driveways or areas. I had a 5x8 and would have rather had a ram promaster instead... much less of a footprint in tighter areas

If you purchase a vehicle I would highly recommend setting it up to have a small water tank in it. Once you have water and a generator you are set and you can detail anywhere. I had my trailer set up so nice that even if the customer had water I just preferred my own set up since it was quicker and more efficient. Plus if you have a generator you don't have to worry about blowing customers circuit breakers in their houses with the carpet extractor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Full size would be way too big for me. Dont have enough stuff nor do I mobile enough to warrant it. I'll still have my place now just for convenience factor I'd like to be mobile too. Now if mobile ever took off for me, I'd obviously upgrade. But I'm not gonna pay that much for a vehicle that I wont use. Much less could I afford feasibly. But the trailer parking aspect and all that is one of the reasons I've always wanted a transit connect or something similar. Can fit it all in one space and get plenty of advertising space. No trailer needed.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast