autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

IDA CD in a Day - Saturday, December 17th - IDA Certified Detailer in a One Day Class at Autogeek

IDA CD in a Day - Saturday, December 17th - IDA Certified Detailer in a One Day Class at Autogeek

Fully equipped classroom and training garage - air conditioned too!

On Saturday, December 17th at Autogeek's Show Car Garage in Stuart, Florida Autogeek will be offering the IDA auto detailing technician "Certification-in-a-Day" event . This event includes a comprehensive seminar that provides all the information necessary to pass the International Detailing Association's Certified Detailer Exams.

The IDA-CD program is the only independent certification available for detailing technicians. The written exams are administered and graded on-site and attendance virtually guarantees passing. Those who pass will receive IDA-CD patches and certificates. Open to all detailing technicians, as well as car wash owners and managers; IDA membership is not required.

What is the IDA Certified Detailer Program?

It is the only independent Detailing Certification available in the world. It consists of comprehensive tests that affirm the mastery of the technical knowledge needed to be a professional detailer. Upon successful completion of the program, detailers are given the title of IDA-Certified Detailer (IDA-CD), and awarded an IDA-CD Certificate and Patch. We encourage you to use your IDA-CD status in all of your marketing materials!

Why take this course?

• Get IDA-Certified in a one day intensive course!
    • In person one-on-on training and education in a fully equipped classroom and training garage equips you to easily pass all tests.
    • Excellent technical information about detailing!

Who should attend?

• Detail Technicians (employees or owners)
    • Detail Managers
    • Detail Shop/Mobile Owners
    • Car Wash Owners

This one-day, all-inclusive program includes:

1. Comprehensive Seminar: Intensive presentation of all technical aspects of detailing information needed to pass the Certification Tests of the International Detailing Association.
    2. Administration of the IDA Certification Tests: Attendees will have the opportunity to take all 10 IDA Certification Test modules.
    3. Confirmation of Test Passing: Tests will be checked on-site!

WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:

Comprehensive technical information about the equipment, chemicals, and methods used to care for all vehicle surfaces, including paint, wheels, tires, interior surfaces, leather, and glass. Included is discussion of paint correction and protection, prep wash techniques, detailing terminology, and safety and compliance issues.

Instructor
    Mike Phillips has been involved in the detailing industry since 1987; he is an IDA-Recognized Trainer. Bio

Cost: There are 10 Test Modules to the Certified Detailer written certification.

IDA Members: $200.00 total.

Non-Member: $400.00

If you become a member the price is $310.00. That's because it's $110.00 to join the IDA $110.00 plus $200.00 for the test comes #310.00 - you save $90.00 by becoming a member of the IDA. You can become IDA certified, that is "Certified Detailer" by not joining if you choose but the price for the tests as a non-member is $400.00

Click here to join the IDA

Date & Time
    Saturday, December 17th
    8:00am to 2:00pm

7744 SW Jack James Drive
    Stuart, FL 34997
    Mapquest Directions

Questions?

Call Mike Phillips at 1-800-869-3011 x206

Bonus

There will be an Extreme Show Car Makeover starting immediately after the class. Hang out after the class and work with fellow professional detailers on a fun project to finish out the day. The full write-up will then be posted to AutogeekOnline.net and Facebook.

Mike Phillips

Re: IDA CD in a Day - Saturday, December 17th - IDA Certified Detailer in a One Day Class at Autogeek

Why Join the Association?

In these turbulent economic times, now is the time to join other detailers and suppliers as a member of the INTERNATIONAL DETAILING ASSOCIATION. As you all know, there is strength in numbers, and a strong IDA can be your voice in the greater industry and to the government. The IDA gives you the opportunity to network with your peers, mentors, and vendors. Improve your business and your reputation as a detailer through free webinars, educational articles, business and marketing how-to’s, and discounted enrollment in the Certified Detailer Program.

These membership benefits are just the beginning...

• Information about and access to major industry trade shows and other upcoming events.

• Recognition as an IDA Member with IDA signage, including a logo’d member certificate for your shop or mobile unit and a frameable copy of the IDA Code of Ethics to demonstrate your commitment to professionalism in the auto detailing industry.

• Free webinars covering a variety of topics – from technical skills to business and marketing know-how.

• Member discount on the IDA Certified Detailer Program. Click here to check out the video!

• Network and develop relationships with many of the industry's most experienced car care professionals.

• Have a question? Get your questions answered through the IDA mentorship program and through the Members Only online forums – Or, have an answer? Let your expertise be heard and answer the forum inquiries of your fellow members.

• Priority registration for IDA-sponsored Education & Training Programs.

• Promote your business through the online Member Directory listings and through the IDA Advertising Program.

• Take part in the IDA Awards Program to recognize one another for the outstanding work that we do.

• Enhance your leadership skills and shape IDA by volunteering on a committee (Certification, Marketing/Communications, Tradeshow/Education).

Access Members Only key features on IDA's website, including:

• Access to past webinar series recordings.

•Articles on the latest in advances, techniques, products and detailing technologies.

• Archived newsletters providing new and historical updates in the industry and the Association.

• Sharing of information via Community Circles and Members Only groups.

Mike Phillips

Re: IDA CD in a Day - Saturday, December 17th - IDA Certified Detailer in a One Day Class at Autogeek

***List Update***

1. Steve Printup from Atlanta will be here for both the test and the car detailing project after the testing.
    2. Warren Hills from Stafford, Virginia will be here for the CD Ttest.
    3. Paul will be here for CD and SV testing

Post Thanks / Like

Nice! I still hope to get over there one day & do my SV tests but this would be a much more fun way to do the CD testing for sure. The earthquakes we have been having are getting us closer but the airfares still hurt too much at the moment. An Extreme Makeover as well!? C'mon, crazy if you didn't go.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Mike Phillips

***Update***

Since I'll have a a car or two here for show car detailing, anyone that wants to take their SV or Skills Validated test and do this also.

Skills Validation Test Requirements

Before you can take the Skills Validation test you must first,

1. Join the IDA - Click here - Membership dues are for one year.

2. Get IDA Certified - $200.00 then $100.00 every 2 years.
    Before you can take the Skills Validation tests you must first pay for, take and pass the online written test. The first time you take the test the cost is $200.00. After that, every 2 years you must re-test to maintain your IDA Certification and the re-test price is $100.00

In order to take the online written tests you must create an account with the IDA

Click here to create an an IDA member account

After completing all of the above you can contact the IDA to reserve your space for IDA Skills Validation & Certification here at Autogeek.

IMPORTANT

I need a head count for anyone that wants to take the Skills Validation test. If you want to take this while you're here then doe one of the below,

Call me - 1-800-869-3011 x206

Email me Mike.Phillips@Autogeek.net

Or reply to this thread.

Thank you!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post

Nice!

I still hope to get over there one day & do my SV tests but this would be a much more fun way to do the CD testing for sure. The earthquakes we have been having are getting us closer but the airfares still hurt too much at the moment.

An Extreme Makeover as well!?

C'mon, crazy if you didn't go.

Aaryn NZ.

Hi Aaryn,

Good to hear you, the family and the business are safe.

Just an idea, one of my past students used GoFundMe to raise the money to attend our Competition Ready class, not sure if he raised the money for the class plus travel costs or not but regardless, maybe consider this?

How to pay for your Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class with GoFundMe

I know he also detailed the cars for everyone that sponsored him. While some may not agree with this approach I was supportive because he was taking the class to start a business which would put food on the table for his family.

I consider this asking for a help-up and not a handout, And I appreciate a man that takes care of his family.

This December class is short notice but something to consider for 2017.

I know there's a discount for alumni students that want to attend more Competition Ready classes too.

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

How much the extra will the skills validated part be Mike?
    Carolina`s Finest Detailing - Charlotte areas preferred CQuartz Finest Reserve & GTECHNIQ Crystal Serum Ultra coating center. STEK/Suntek PPF
    www.Carolinasfinestdetailing.me

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinasFinestDetailing View Post
    How much the extra will the skills validated part be Mike?

The Skills Validated test is $200.00 and good for 2 years.

I wrote a very detailed article about the SV Certification here.

IDA SV Certification Testing at Autogeek

It has all the information you need to know PLUS links to anything you need to take care of. Basically, I did all the thinking work for anyone that wants to get SV Certified AFTER becoming CD Certified.

This is the normal order,

Step 1: Join IDA

Step 2: Take written tests and become IDA Certified Detailer i.e. CD

Step 3: Take hands-on practical tests and become IDA Skills Validated i.e. SV

Hope that helps...

Mike Phillips

Just to comment....

While this class is no where near anything close to one of our Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Classes were we go over pretty much every detailing related topic and technique, inside and outside of a car, this class will be an educational class as I walk you through the correct steps to detail a car for money.

This is a private class and it is free for anyone taking the IDA CD and/or the IDA CD and SV tests this day.

I promise you it will be very educational.

And then as stated above in the first post, AFTER we wrap up all the IDA testing I will have one or two very cool streetrods or muscle cars here that will need full correction, polishing and waxing.

I can't even count how many cool cars have been through our garage over the years but about 99% of them have full write-ups here,

Pictures from Thursday night detailing classes!

Anyone taking the tests that would like to stay and work side-by-side with me as we tackle these detailing projects is welcome.

Afterwards, we'll probably have a get together at the Marriott right down the road.

For those interested, we hold our 3-day Competition Ready Classes here three times a year. The next class is February 17th, 18th and 19th.

Click here for more information or to sign-up on the Autogeek.com store

Or call Andre at

1-800-869-3011 x244

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Hi Aaryn,

Good to hear you, the family and the business are safe.

Just an idea, one of my past students used GoFundMe to raise the money to attend our Competition Ready class, not sure if he raised the money for the class plus travel costs or not but regardless, maybe consider this?

How to pay for your Competition Ready 3-Day Detailing Class with GoFundMe

I know he also detailed the cars for everyone that sponsored him. While some may not agree with this approach I was supportive because he was taking the class to start a business which would put food on the table for his family.

I consider this asking for a help-up and not a handout, And I appreciate a man that takes care of his family.

This December class is short notice but something to consider for 2017.

I know there's a discount for alumni students that want to attend more Competition Ready classes too.

Yes, I remember that well - actually, I commented right after you on that post. A fantastic idea for sure & I couldn't understand why anyone would have any issues with this process at all. I commended Ryan for thinking outside the box on this & hey, he was actually detailing for the funds & not just getting a handout, hats off to Ryan I say. How did Ryan get on? I'm sure he took away bucket loads of knowledge from your class Mike.

We are actually in the midsts of making plans to return, & although not too sure when at this stage, a stop over at Autogeek is a necessity. It doesn't help that you guys have sooo much going on - do I come for another class? Attend Detail Fest? An IDA testing & possible Extreme Makeover senario? Heck, Mobile Tech Expo would be priceless to hear you speak on the business side of things (I guess you are doing this again, I'm about to read that thread.) Umm . . . maybe sneak on to an episode of Compitition Ready & lend a hand, or geeze, maybe time it that we go to Sema instead . . . aaarrgh! Too many choices!

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast