autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear Fellow Mobile Detailers—Are you offering coatings as a service?

I was out grabbing my coffee this morning, I asked myself, "Why haven't I yet?"

Are there currently any mobile detailers who are offering this as a service?

Also, as we all know, almost EVERYTHING in the market today is best applied in a shaded area.

i am still looking at Wolfgang Coating. So I wanted to know a few things:

1a) Wolfgang seems like a good place to start. It goes on all exterior surfaces, I hear it doesn't lack in the shine department EVEN compared to Finest or other PREMIUM authorized only products. Y/N?
    1b) Do most coatings including Wolfgang require to be installed out of the sun?
    2) Generally speaking, to people who do offer coatings:
    A) Are you finding this as something that separates you from the rest in your area?
    B) What is your opinion, am I missing out on my piece of the pie by not offering it myself?

i suppose if 1) is true I can offer it to clients who actually do have garages. Y/N?

Thanks much in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dear Fellow Mobile Detailers—Are you offering coatings as a service?

I use opti gloss all the time in the sun if I have to otherwise I utilize there garage.

Post Thanks / Like

I tell the customers waxes and sealants are a thing of the past.I show them the opti syringes and there sold.literally just sold a job 3 minutes from my house 15 minutes ago on a brandnew Ford Focus.Im on my last 10 business cards,and will be adding info on coatings on a separate menu card.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    I use opti gloss all the time in the sun if I have to otherwise I utilize there garage.
    GSKR, do you mean Optimum Gloss-Coat ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikejames View Post
    GSKR, do you mean Optimum Gloss-Coat ?
    Yes sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Yes sorry.
    Any tricks or tips you would share using it in the sun?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not currently although I have it on my bid sheet as an option. People around here cringe at the price. I am interested in what is making people bite on it though because no matter how hard I pitch it they look at me like I'm trying to sell them something they don't need.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikejames View Post
    Any tricks or tips you would share using it in the sun?
    There are no tricks that's how easy it's is especially down here where the sun is stronger.apply thin even coverage and wipe off.when using in the sun car must be spot free from washing.If not and you apply a panel with water marks the coating will not remove them but rather gloss over them.mckees is also easy.The 2 I tend to use outdoors,the rest like carpro uk and others you may struggle a bit and streaks.But if your,from the north I see no promblem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slovette99 View Post
    I am not currently although I have it on my bid sheet as an option. People around here cringe at the price. I am interested in what is making people bite on it though because no matter how hard I pitch it they look at me like I'm trying to sell them something they don't need.
    Makes it easier with literature on cards or just tell them to google the product you tend to use.I kinda stay away from saying that it hardens over your existing paint,that's a downer for many and scares some.you could take a half hr to demonstrate on a fender so they see the steps and they will see how hard you are working.The public has one thing in mind how much is this special sauce gonna run me.Its educational for them and they have no idea what it takes.You will know in 10 minutes if they are shutting down the option for the coating,it's when you start being kinda snake oil salesman then the answer is no don't be to agressive and just prove it to them on a panel.

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan@TheBuffingMoose View Post

Are there currently any mobile detailers who are offering this as a service?

Many mobile detailers offer this as a mobile service, self included. With restrictions however.

i am still looking at Wolfgang Coating. So I wanted to know a few things:

1a) Wolfgang seems like a good place to start. It goes on all exterior surfaces, I hear it doesn't lack in the shine department EVEN compared to Finest or other PREMIUM authorized only products. Y/N?

Prep is the most important part of any coating application. The better the paint looks before the coating is applied, the better the overall end result will be. And the better you educate the customer about after care, the longer it will look that good. Let`s not get it twisted however; OTC will never compare to Finest. Great coatings to start with are CarPro CQuartz Classic and Optimum Gloss Coat.

1b) Do most coatings including Wolfgang require to be installed out of the sun?

I prefer to install coatings out of the sun. If you are mobile, invest in a good canopy. Of course, there are times when I had no choice, so I waited to install late in the day when it was not as hot.

2) Generally speaking, to people who do offer coatings:
    A) Are you finding this as something that separates you from the rest in your area?

Coatings are becoming more and more popular. What separates you from your competition is the superior outcome along with superior customer service.

B) What is your opinion, am I missing out on my piece of the pie by not offering it myself?
    Spend quite a bit of time installing and getting to know the coatings before you jump into them. They are amazing products. But you need to learn how to install properly in different conditions and know how they behave and learn some chemistry before you offer them to your clients.

i suppose if 1) is true I can offer it to clients who actually do have garages. Y/N?

If a client has a garage to work in, and you have the proper equipment; this is optimal condition over outside in the sun.

Thanks much in advance!
    See bold
    Carolina`s Finest Detailing - Charlotte areas preferred CQuartz Finest Reserve & GTECHNIQ Crystal Serum Ultra coating center. STEK/Suntek PPF
    www.Carolinasfinestdetailing.me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast