autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

1950 Mercury Custom - Referral for my buddy Claude Harris Jr. in Burbank, California

1950 Mercury Custom - Detail Referral for my buddy Claude Harris Jr. in Burbank, California

So I get a phone call last Friday asking if I know a great detailer in the Burbank, California area that can be trusted with a high dollar, custom car? I think to myself,

"Yes I know Claude Harris Jr."

Claude is not only an IDA Certified Detailer but he's also passionate about the art and craft of car detailing. Claude was also on our TV show, Competition Ready for the episode with Troy Ladd and his 1932 Ford Roadster Pickup.

Episode 4 - The AMBR Award - Troy Ladd's 1932 Ford Roadster Pickup

Claude was my wheel guy and I appreciate that he stepped up and took on the responsibility of polishing the wheels on Troy's creation and as most of you can relate, wheel polishing is probably one of the least fun jobs there is when it comes to show car work. So thank you Claude for your hard work on this episode.

Here's Claude hand polishing the custom one-off wheels using microfiber gloves and SONAX Chrome and Aluminum Polish.

Here's a screenshot of Troy's custom 1932 Ford Roadster Pickup on display at the AMBR Awards.

Here's the pictures I was sent showing the car and it's current condition. The pictures are a little cloudy but from what I can see there's lots of room for improvement.

I would have loved to been the guy that gets to detail this car but since it's about 3000 miles away from me and my buffer I completely trust this gem in Claude's hands.

If you could do me a favor Claude, if you're given permission to take pictures then please share a few from this project, mostly your beauty shots after you work your magic.

Thanks buddy!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1950 Mercury Custom - Referral for my buddy Claude Harris Jr. in Burbank, California

Mike, it is truly humbling and an honor to be the one trusted to lay hands on this beautiful rolling piece of art work, my heart and passion will be on full.

Claude