autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Overworking a job

For interiors, I never promise I'll get stains out. Too many variables and I let them know it. I'll tell them I can spend X amount of time on it (if it's a budget detail) and do my best. This gives me some breathing room in case it isn't perfect. The longer the stain sits, the harder it is to remove.

It took me a little over a year to outgrow the 100% satisfaction guarantee for little money.
    You can still give it your 100%, but once you get a routine down you'll get faster. You'll know which products to reach for first, your muscle memory will strengthen, and you'll get more efficient from each job.

A sedan or small truck like the Ranger "should" only take around 2 hours to wash, clay, and seal. Throw in an hour for interior stains, and a half hour for getting distracted by squirrels and you're around 3.5 hours. That's $50 an hour gross.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Busy mind View Post
    For interiors, I never promise I'll get stains out. Too many variables and I let them know it. I'll tell them I can spend X amount of time on it (if it's a budget detail) and do my best. This gives me some breathing room in case it isn't perfect. The longer the stain sits, the harder it is to remove.

It took me a little over a year to outgrow the 100% satisfaction guarantee for little money.
    You can still give it your 100%, but once you get a routine down you'll get faster. You'll know which products to reach for first, your muscle memory will strengthen, and you'll get more efficient from each job.

A sedan or small truck like the Ranger "should" only take around 2 hours to wash, clay, and seal. Throw in an hour for interior stains, and a half hour for getting distracted by squirrels and you're around 3.5 hours. That's $50 an hour gross.
    Now, I'll admit, I was enjoying the weather and never really rushed, but as much as I do, there is no way that it would ever take me close to 4 hours! The wheel wells, wheels and tires took me a little over an hour alone, and I still went back afterwards and touched up some then applied 303!
    My Mobile Detailing Business- www.PrimeAutoDetailing.org

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ad.php?t=62084

This should give you an estimate on your prices for the type of work to do. 😊

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry about how long or how much.stick to the idea of making the customer happy and doing a great job.In time you will be efficient,you will adapt to quickness and better products that will get the job done .once you become know as a great detailer,your services will be more valuable.Then once established you can charge cause they are calling you for a good job.180 for a ford ranger is all not that bad if you can do it in 4 to 5 hrs and go home for the day.every market is different some guys on here wouldn't touch that for 180.00,but I would cash is cash.Get your reputation going,and in time the calls will come in with people who know your work and you can set the pricing how ever you want.we all started somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

My only further insight on top of others is to make follow up notes on your inspection forms and note the time it takes you to tackle variouis matters and vehicles both in total and per panel. You'll get better and faster over time but it will come to a point that you will be able to look at the hood of a family sedan, know that it needs "x" amount of passes with product "x" and it will be divided into say 6 sections thus allowing you to calc. out the time just that hood will take. Move around the car and practice doing the same.

Take notes on estimates and actual and you'll quickly be able to estimate things. There are also times as noted that your customers aren't expecting "perfection" and that 4 passes with an AIO is all you're going to do and you'll take what that offers. Again, walk around the vehicle, estimate the time and move on.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.