autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What Do you Think Of my prices?

Quote Originally Posted by SGF Auto Detail View Post
    Also I do know what picture your talking about now, and that was because I was out of my normal Stuff LOL, good catch.. on my higher end cars that are not dealer cars i Like to use Meguiars Endurance Gel, Do you have another suggestion
    Nearly everything I use is from Optimum
    I don't do any dealer work
    My average inside and out ticket is $500
    My shop is in a town of 7000 people with a median income of 30,000...
    Finishing Touch Auto (Stayton, OR)
    Ryan Hendricks (Owner) 503-602-8483
    FTA Website

Post Thanks / Like

Prices seems pretty low when I look at the service list. Time shown are for a 2 person crew? That's not much money for each. Say your 125$ package for 4 hours that's really 8 man hours, so 15$ per hour gross not counting products and other expenses... You will kill yourself trying to make ends meet at that salary.

Post Thanks / Like

When these threads come up (which often do...) the best advice to give is google your local area and do some research on what others charge for commensurate services.
    Packages will vary from detailer to detailer but you should be able to see what others are offering that are close to yours.

This forum spans all of the Americas including Europe and Middle East & Australia . To try to comment on what price is fair is going to be impossible.
    A full paint correction package in Boston or NYC is going to vary than other parts of the country or countries. This forum is specific to only PBMG AG brands and the techniques taught by Mike Phillips and many veteran pros of the forum.

Competition is good, however, when pricing your packages, don't undercut your competition. It can devalue the services for your economy, or make people wonder why your cheaper than the next guy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SGF Auto Detail View Post
    Also I do know what picture your talking about now, and that was because I was out of my normal Stuff LOL, good catch.. on my higher end cars that are not dealer cars i Like to use Meguiars Endurance Gel, Do you have another suggestion
    I've had very good success with the Meguiars Endurance Gel.....my wife is one of those people who likes 'shiny' tires....and that product can produce it. It's also easy to tone that look down with it, and the longevity is what I like.

Post Thanks / Like

Think to yourself about these questions to help you better price your services.
    1) What is your competition charging? Like @paul_g said, don't undervalue your services just to undercut your competition. In some cases to the consumer lower price = lower quality
    2) How much does it cost you perform the said service offering? This is an area I think a lot od detailers starting out don't think about. Think about your fixed and variable costs (supplies, gas, your time, website, etc.). How much do you really need to charge to be profitable.
    3) Think about what value you're bringing to your customer. Are you restoring their car so the paint lasts x amount longer? Are you increasing the value of their vehicle? If so, by how much? What are their alternatives besides using you or a detailer in general? Do nothing, get a new paint job?

If you really hash these out and think about your cusotmers, you'll be able to almost read their minds and truly bring them value. After all, that's what their paying you for...you're bringing them something of value.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12