autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: PDR kits

Post Thanks / Like

PDR kits

I was wondering if anyone has looked into some of those pdr kits on Amazon or ebay. I see some from $75-200 that use the glue stick method. Has anyone had any success with these?And which would be the best way to go. Also can a small tiny ding on a strip of bumper chrome be removed. I tried using the glue, but the glue did not want to stick. I am beginning to think the only way to go would be to have the strip removed and pushed from behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PDR kits

I have some experience with glue. It has worked for me but only about 25% of the time. It really depends on what you are attempting to pull. I have had success with simple door dings but anything with a crease in it requires patience and a bit more skill.

I was pulling a few hail dents from the hood of my daughter's car a couple of years ago and the glue pulled a chunk of paint the size of a quarter right off the car...an indication that the hood was probably repainted at some point in its life. Glue is better suited for factory paint so you need to know what you are working on.

Regarding your indication that the glue is not sticking, you need to make sure you clean the area VERY WELL so that all wax and other surface contaminants are removed. Even then, I have found that after 2 or 3 attempts the glue begins to adhere better.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PDR kits

Kits on ebay are junk. You're better off buying individual tools from a good company. The trim can be pushed out if removed. Paint needs to be clean for glue. Pulled paint is always a possibility.