autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Shampooing carpet

Ive been in business for about 2 years. More than half of my clients have pretty bad interiors

I currently have a MYTEE LITE and a steamer

When the carpets are bad I shampoo them and extract them.

But not all stains come out

Are there any other carpet shampoo cleaners that I can use besides the regular old carpet shampoo

Harder chemicals

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shampooing carpet

Folex, Encap cleaners work nicely. Not all stains can be removed, a lot of stains are permanently set and will never come out. Make sure you and your customers have realistic expectations before starting on a nasty interior.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

I have had good luck with 303 Carpet/Upholstery cleaner.

I have heard others here on this site recommending Folex, which I have yet to try.

Post Thanks / Like

Seek out your local carpet cleaning distributor. They are going to have a lot more options for general cleaning as well as specific stain removers.

But as Mark said, not everything can be removed and you need to set realistic expectation upfront. If you've been doing this for 2 years, I'm sure you already have a good feel when you look at the carpets that something isn't coming out.

I used to think that if I told a client that something couldn't be done or would not be perfect that I'd look the fool. In reality, it's far worse when you don't deliver on the expectation. You look more professional when you mention that something likely cannot be removed safely and explain why.

way off topic example: I started a car last night; when talking through the issues with the owner we noted a bunch of dried wax at all the clearbra seams. I said I would work on it while the touch-up paint dried, but that care needs to be taken not to lift the CB or dissolve the adhesive. As such I may not be able to remove it all. There were a couple spots that I couldn't remove because the CB was already peeling back a little. Owner was very pleased with the results.

specific reasons it may be unsafe to get a stain out: over wetting carpets or upholstery (mold/mildew), damaging fibers/nap, dye transfer from carpet or upholstery.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Audios S6 View Post
    Seek out your local carpet cleaning distributor. They are going to have a lot more options for general cleaning as well as specific stain removers.

But as Mark said, not everything can be removed and you need to set realistic expectation upfront. If you've been doing this for 2 years, I'm sure you already have a good feel when you look at the carpets that something isn't coming out.

I used to think that if I told a client that something couldn't be done or would not be perfect that I'd look the fool. In reality, it's far worse when you don't deliver on the expectation. You look more professional when you mention that something likely cannot be removed safely and explain why.

way off topic example: I started a car last night; when talking through the issues with the owner we noted a bunch of dried wax at all the clearbra seams. I said I would work on it while the touch-up paint dried, but that care needs to be taken not to lift the CB or dissolve the adhesive. As such I may not be able to remove it all. There were a couple spots that I couldn't remove because the CB was already peeling back a little. Owner was very pleased with the results.

specific reasons it may be unsafe to get a stain out: over wetting carpets or upholstery (mold/mildew), damaging fibers/nap, dye transfer from carpet or upholstery.

I agree completely. The reason I ask this question is because I had a nasty customer

Believe I have tried it all. Folez, pre-treatment, stain removers but honestly some interiors they just don't work on

I did however find a method that works great on stains with dye(Gatorade for example).

Pretreat the area with ammonia and use an iron and steam it out

Works great

Post Thanks / Like

You should try some professional carpet cleaner pretreatments. Also, try your best to match the spot remover with the specific stain. Folex is ok but its neutral so by design won't work on everything as well as specific spot cleaners

Post Thanks / Like

As stated above...check out your local janitorial supply store. There are a LOT of products out there to see, try and use.

Bill
    In dog beers, I've only had one.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone