autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

How to remove paint sealant

Hey,
    First of all thanks for making such a great Forum.
    I have been following it for months now but this is my first post ever
    Coming to the pint I have a 6 month old Suzuki Swift (dark grey metallic ) which was professionally detailed and 2 layers of Ultima Paint Guard Plus was applied. Also it was topped up with collinite 845 every month.
    Now I want to reapply the sealant. I need some help regarding removing the old layer. Being new to the world of detailing I am quite nervous. Aslo being in India it is very difficult to source good quality products and they are hella expensive here.
    The paint is flawless and I won't be doing any compounding.
    I have following products with me
    1.) 70% Isopropyl Alcohol
    2.) Mother's no 2 polishing glaze
    Q 1.)Can I use any of the above two to strip the wax and sealant ?
    Q 2.)Can Mother's no 2 polishing glaze be easily used by hand without marring the paint as I don''t have a DA
    Q 3.)Or should spend some more money buying Klasse AIO to clean the paint and top it up with Ultima Paint Guard.
    Q 4.)I have heard about wolfgang 3.0 being the best paint sealant, I am planning to buy it in some time. My procedure of using it will be wash,clay,Mother's no 2 polishing glaze ,Klasse Aio,wolfgang 3.0 + collinite 845.
    These are the only products that I can find easily so will it be OK to use them in above mentioned order on dark colours.
    Thank You
    Last edited by soona1991; 02-24-2015 at 01:36 PM. Reason: incomplete

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to remove paint sealant

Klasse AIO would remove the sealant without a problem. I'm not sure about the Mother's product. It is more of a product to fill swirls and isn't much of a paint cleaner to remove the sealant. However, depending on how long it has been since the sealant was applied, it may not be necessary to remove it at all since it may have already worn off.

I wouldn't put a sealant over anything that has oils or fillers in it since the sealant won't bond to those. The best process for applying a sealant is to clay and then polish the paint to remove all fillers, waxes, and oils. Then you can apply the sealant and enjoy the full effect.

Wolfgang Paint Sealant is one of my favorites and I am positive you won't be disappointed in how it looks. I don't top Wolfgang with other products because I've found that nothing looks better on top of Wolfgang other than more Wolfgang. Take that advice for what it is worth.
    .....www.OCDetails.com.....
    Obessive Compulsive Details
    a.k.a. Jngrbrdman

Copyright © OCDetails.com All Rights Reserved

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OCDetails View Post
    Klasse AIO would remove the sealant without a problem. I'm not sure about the Mother's product. It is more of a product to fill swirls and isn't much of a paint cleaner to remove the sealant. However, depending on how long it has been since the sealant was applied, it may not be necessary to remove it at all since it may have already worn off.

I wouldn't put a sealant over anything that has oils or fillers in it since the sealant won't bond to those. The best process for applying a sealant is to clay and then polish the paint to remove all fillers, waxes, and oils. Then you can apply the sealant and enjoy the full effect.

Wolfgang Paint Sealant is one of my favorites and I am positive you won't be disappointed in how it looks. I don't top Wolfgang with other products because I've found that nothing looks better on top of Wolfgang other than more Wolfgang. Take that advice for what it is worth.
    Thanks a lot you your advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soona1991 View Post
    Coming to the pint I have a 6 month old Suzuki Swift (dark grey metallic ) which was professionally detailed and 2 layers of Ultima Paint Guard Plus was applied. Also it was topped up with collinite 845 every month.
    In addition to the advice already given, I'll mention the monthly application of 845 is overkill.

845 on it's own is very durable and one coat will easily go six months in harsh conditions. Two coats, or a coat of 845 over a good sealant like the Wolfgang should create an extremely durable layer of protection.

Once you've applied a good coat or two, save your time and money. Just keep the car clean and enjoy the results of your hard work.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog