autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

How To: Keep Garage Floor Clean in Winter with Park Smart Garage Mats

Not to rub it in....but I live in Florida ( ), so I personally don't have any first hand experience with this particular product, however I have received a lot of positive feedback from friends and family up north who use Park Smart Garage Mats and LOVE them.

What's a Park Smart Garage Mat?

The Clean-Park Garage Mat, available in many sizes, is constructed of thick, rugged 20-mil vinyl with a specially engineered 1” high Snap-On Edge to keep liquids and debris neatly inside. Simply drive onto the mat, let your vehicle drip all that it wants; your garage floor is protected! Clean-up is also very easy. Remove a segment of your Snap-On Edge closest to the garage door and sweep or hose away dirt and debris. A squeegee is helpful to remove all the water. Remove and replace the Snap-On end section as needed to facilitate easy clean up.

What you should know for proper installation

Most four-door sedans are, bumper to bumper, 18 ft. long and 6 ft. wide. Today’s standard garages measure 20 ft. long. You want to choose a Park Smart Clean Mat that will give you a 6-12 inch border around the car. Should you change cars, the size isn’t critical, because the wheel bases aren’t all that different. If you downsize and want a neater look than the excess mat affords, simply turn the excess under, and adjust your Snap-On Edges to accommodate the smaller size.

Does Park Smart offer a heavy duty mat for large trucks and SUVs?

Yes! The heavy duty mat is 2 ½ times thicker than the standard mat. It’s perfect for large, rugged vehicles with knobby tires. The mat is 50 mils thick! It’s not going to rip or wear under daily use.

The Heavy Duty Clean Park Garage Mat has all the same great features as the standard mat. It catches everything that falls from your vehicle to keep the floor clean and it washes off easily. Remove one side of snap-on edges and wash all the dirt and fluid out of your garage. Use a squeegee to remove excess liquid. The snap-on edges, which come in 24" sections, hold the mat securely in place and they also keep liquid from seeping out onto the garage floor. The result is a dry, clean floor that is safer and more attractive.

Makes winter fun, almost?

I'm not going to insult you by saying the Park Smart Mats are something you should be excited about purchasing (save the excitement for a jar of Souveran when the ice thaws), but these really do help keep your garage clean during the winter months. If you've invested in expensive garage flooring, like Race Deck, then you will be glad you kept it protected with one of these mats.

It's also worth noting that Park Smart Garage Mats are also popular out west in states like Nevada, where having your garage door open for just a few seconds can result in sand and debris coming in.

Check 'em out.

Park Smart Clean Park Garage Mat

Park Smart Heavy Duty Clean Park Garage Mat

Park Smart offers several other cool products for the car, bike, and garage.

Park Smart Garage Mats & Floor Covers

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How To: Keep Garage Floor Clean in Winter with Park Smart Garage Mats

They look neat and durable but I've never been a fan of garage mats. After washing them or after snow season, you have to drag them out and flip them to dry, so as to avoid them smelling sour from trapped water. In areas that get a lot of snow, that can equal a lot water from melted snow that would run off and under the mat which requires the lengthy dry process at the earliest convenience. I've never had mats so the above is not from experience, only theory.

Does anyone else agree?
    Mobile headlight restoration in the Oklahoma City area www.okcheadlights.com www.facebook.com/OKC.Headlights

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by g35_coupe View Post
    They look neat and durable but I've never been a fan of garage mats. After washing them or after snow season, you have to drag them out and flip them to dry, so as to avoid them smelling sour from trapped water. In areas that get a lot of snow, that can equal a lot water from melted snow that would run off and under the mat which requires the lengthy dry process at the earliest convenience. I've never had mats so the above is not from experience, only theory.

Does anyone else agree?
    A lot of people use a squeegee to remove any snow that's melted on the mats. While this certainly isn't convenient, it is better than having your expensive (custom) floor damaged by the elements of winter.

The BLT Garage Mat Floor Covering is another popular option. The built-in ribs reduce dust and dirt tracked into the house and channel liquids and debris out of the garage. You can even take them out of the garage to rinse them off (when it's warm, obviously! )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    A lot of people use a squeegee to remove any snow that's melted on the mats. While this certainly isn't convenient, it is better than having your expensive (custom) floor damaged by the elements of winter.

The BLT Garage Mat Floor Covering is another popular option. The built-in ribs reduce dust and dirt tracked into the house and channel liquids and debris out of the garage. You can even take them out of the garage to rinse them off (when it's warm, obviously! )
    I have these in my 3 car garage. I love them. So much easier than having my floors expoxied.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing