autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone used the 3m leather/vinyl repair kit?

My mother in law asked me to fix her leather seat in her Honda minivan. It looks like something sliced off the outer layer of the leather but did not penetrate it. I have never repaired leather before. Any body have any experience with this kit? It is sold at AG and probably anywhere you can get 3m stuff. Reviews on AG are not good. Should I tell them to return the product and save to get it fixed. They are fussy.

Thanks for your feedback

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Has anyone used the 3m leather/vinyl repair kit?

you mean this one?

This is a far too complicated procedural item. I am trying to fix a torn vinyl armrest here, not some wing insulation on the space shuttle.
    Pros:
    None.
    Cons:
    Too complicated of a procedure. Save your money and tape over the rip.
    sounds like it wasn't a problem with the products, but more the people using them. you can also find bad reviews on things that work fine but are used incorrectly.

imho if you were to ask AG whether or not you could return it if you weren't satisfied, they would happily do so (ask first, not sure about that specific product, but i dont see why they wouldn't)

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, I know AG stands behind their stuff but unfortunately my in-laws picked that kit up locally and asked if I would do it. Same kit bit I have not seen any good reviews and I am tempted to tell them to return it. The cuts are superficial so they wont spread anyways. If somebody on hear has had good results with it I will give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonS View Post
    yeah, I know AG stands behind their stuff but unfortunately my in-laws picked that kit up locally and asked if I would do it. Same kit bit I have not seen any good reviews and I am tempted to tell them to return it. The cuts are superficial so they wont spread anyways. If somebody on hear has had good results with it I will give it a try.
    honestly, out of all the of the 3m products out there, i can't think of a single one that doesn't do exactly what it says, 3m makes nothing but the absolute best for what they price their products for. from safety gear, welding helmet, polishes, wax, etc... i wouldn't be afraid to use it, just follow directions to a T