autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Microfiber Care Guide by Liquid Finish: How to Clean Your Car Microfibers!

What about prior wash using fabric softener? Seems like that would have more of a film versus bleach. Since bleach seems to mix well with water... but fabric softener is deff thicker more resin like. Hence its coating ability on clothes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh View Post
    What about prior wash using fabric softener? Seems like that would have more of a film versus bleach. Since bleach seems to mix well with water... but fabric softener is deff thicker more resin like. Hence its coating ability on clothes.
    Fortunately, the Wifey only use it in the dryer, so I can't opine on that one.
    "Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Post Thanks / Like

What about microfiber mitts? Should those be pre-cleaned and cleaned the same way?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phish View Post
    What about microfiber mitts? Should those be pre-cleaned and cleaned the same way?
    No pre clean for me, but I wash them the same as I do the towels.
    "Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Methodical View Post
    No pre clean for me, but I wash them the same as I do the towels.
    Thanks!

-Phish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phish View Post
    Thanks!

-Phish
    No problem. I even suggest washing them more often since that's what would get the most dirt during a wash. I realized I had not washed mine in awhile after noticing some scratches after washing the truck when I was about to polish the truck. I purchased extra wash pads so that I don't have to use one set all the time and it cuts down on washes. I maybe use them twice and then wash them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Methodical View Post
    No problem. I even suggest washing them more often since that's what would get the most dirt during a wash. I realized I had not washed mine in awhile after noticing some scratches after washing the truck when I was about to polish the truck. I purchased extra wash pads so that I don't have to use one set all the time and it cuts down on washes. I maybe use them twice and then wash them.
    Extra wash mitts would be a good idea. I'm just starting my microfiber collection so I'm limited on $$$.

I just got a new "microfiber kit" with different weaves for drying, glass, etc. I washed them all last night and decided to throw my wash mitt in there too. It came with a wheel thing like this:

The microfiber part slides off so I washed that too. Figured it wouldn't hurt. Let the wash/wheel mitts air dry and threw the towels in on tumble low for a few minutes.

I'm a little anal so I put the different towels in labeled zip lock freezer bags to keep the dust off until I wash. I figure my customers will appreciate my attention to detail when they see me pulling sterile microfibers out of individual zip locks.

This forum is AWESOME! (Except for the fact I end up wanting to buy more and more and more)

8. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

OK ... I am TOTALLY driving myself nuts about this Microfiber Towel Care Guide. I am going to re-read each post and go with what seems the most common technique.
    I have MF towels, applicators and a mitt ... BUT ... is the waffle weave drying towel considered a MF product ? or do I have to wash that separately?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't wash my waffle weave MF towels separately, i just toss them in with my other MF towels for the wash. Never had a problem.

I do inspect each towel after the wash and again before use.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123