autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Microfiber Care Guide by Liquid Finish: How to Clean Your Car Microfibers!

Quote Originally Posted by Rmd View Post
    This was very informative. Given the additional comments regarding the two APC's mentioned, what would be a preferred product to mix into the boiling water to simmer the towels?
    I would say Optimum Power Clean, I've heard people really like this as a reset/heavier cleaner. As with anything just be careful and let the microfibers "rinse free".

Thanks all, I made this article to help my clients and thankful it can help anyone else new to microfiber care.

Post Thanks / Like

Sticky!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RMM View Post

Sticky!
    Sticky sticky!

Post Thanks / Like

Very informative, good work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Woob View Post
    Ultimate Microfiber Towel Care Guide...I recommend 120F to 200F. Korean manufacturers suggest you wash at 60 Celcius. Just make sure the water is WARM to HOT.
    Thanks for the detailed description for cleaning MF towels. Most I already employ, so confirmation is good. I use warm water now, but will have to give the hot water a try. No line dry or air dry for me (afraid of dust build up), just low heat, short run time with a cool down and then in the bin they go all dried and ready for use.

Question. Do you have a link or data from the Korean manufacturers?

Btw, I use ECO all natural free/clear laundry detergent, which I like because it has no brighteners and, well, because it's all natural.

Thanks
    "Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Re: Microfiber Care Guide by Liquid Finish: How to Clean Your Car Microfibers!

I don't know much, but, I've learned on very important lesson about MF towels. I'll NEVER buy another "made in China" MF towel. If it's Korean MF but built in China, that could be another story. I started out with the cheap cheap cheap towels off eBay........ oh what a grave mistake. Then I stepped up (I thought) to the Chinese towels in the parts stores..... ha!! Maybe a touch better but still very bad. Then I bought some online towels from various online stores we all use..... still only a tad better at a much higher price.
    Then I listened to the junkman. That man knows a lot, shares a lot, and if nothing else, he knows his towels. I'm not a fanboy or any such nonsense, just sharing my hard learned experiences.
    I've got probably 100+ towels of only 15 or so are worth using. The rest I'll use on wheels, door jambs, trunk jambs, rims, and the less harsh ones on my interior.
    If you want your car to look its best after 10-20 hrs worth of work, then don't cheap out on the towels.
    Now, if you're totally happy with all the OTC stuff, have at it, save your money and buy at Walmart, AutoZone, Pep Boys, etc. You'll save a good 50% over the really good stuff and you car will show it.
    It doesn't take any longer to use the top-shelf products and the gratification is terrific.
    Just call me Lesson Learned

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you guys do an empty load in the washer to make sure there is nothing left in the drum or any film left on the drum prior to washing your MFs?

Post Thanks / Like

A very cool and comprehensive guide when caring for your Microfiber products...

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh View Post
    Do you guys do an empty load in the washer to make sure there is nothing left in the drum or any film left on the drum prior to washing your MFs?
    I have not, but understand your concern. If I knew the prior wash had bleach, I probably would do a one.
    "Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast