autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire Clay Cleaner & Extender aka "The Clay Life Saver"

Tired of buying clay bars and only cleaning 3 or 4 cars before you have to buy more? Most people don’t realize that you can not only clean the clay properly without drying or damaging it but you can also extend its usage up to 10,12 or more vehicles per clay bar.

Everyone should know that claying is one of the most important steps in detailing a vehicle. Clay bars can cost upwards of $45. Maximize your investment with the Blackfire Clay Cleaner and Extender. This product worked way better than I imagined. It breaks up the dirt and grime as soon as you spray it on. The clay was very clean afterwards and looked brand new. Here’s the HOW-TO clean and extend your clay bar

Step 1: Spray the Blackfire Clay Cleaner and Extender directly onto the grime and dirt

Step 2: Gently message the clay bar with your hands and watch the dirt and grime come right off. Takes only a couple minutes.

Step 3: Rinse the clay bar with water to remove all the dirt and grime

Step 4: Spray clay bar with approved lubricant and store in container until further use

As you can see the product worked like a champ and it only took me a couple minutes to clean the clay. Not only will the Blackfire Clay Cleaner and Extender work on conventional clay bars, but it also works on Poly clay bars too. If you're looking to get more out of your clay bars, I highly recommend this product.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire Clay Cleaner & Extender aka "The Clay Life Saver"

Wow, i wonder what it's made out of to really get in to the dirt and remove it.
    CURRENT: Happily Retired
    PAST: Owner at Clean N' Shiny, Chicago Auto Pros

Post Thanks / Like

It does work very well. I will tell you, after using CC&E during your clay process, to rinse your clay really well before you store it...assuming you keep the piece you are working with. I had one piece that I pulled back out of the storage box and it was partially disintegrated. So I started rinsing leftover clay really well and a couple squirts of lube or QD before it goes back in the box now. No further problems.

P.S. I always store my clay inside in climate control, so the problem wasn't caused by heat/humidity, etc.
    2016 Accord EXL V6 w/Navi & Sensing - Black/Ivory
    2019 Acura RDX A-Spec - Black/Red; 2019 Acura TLX Base 2.4L - MSM/Black
    2008 CRV EX - Black/Black 2003 Accord EX V6 - Black/Tan

Post Thanks / Like

I have a question about this. Not for nothing but you fold and knead clay alot not just per car but per body panel. What about all the crap the clay catches in between each fold and knead? I only ask because if you think about it folding and kneading clay is just a way to get a clean part of clay but the inside that was previously kneaded and folded is still dirty. Am i missing something?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fabiolas4 View Post
    I have a question about this. Not for nothing but you fold and knead clay alot not just per car but per body panel. What about all the crap the clay catches in between each fold and knead? I only ask because if you think about it folding and kneading clay is just a way to get a clean part of clay but the inside that was previously kneaded and folded is still dirty. Am i missing something?
    yeah you would use this while you are claying the car and before you knead it.

reading from the buy it page.
    Do you see the problem here? You're folding all the removed grime and contamination back into the bar! The chemists at Blackfire created BLACKFIRE Clay Cleaner & Extender to remove the majority of grime and contamination on the bar before it is folded to keep the bar cleaner, longer.

Now when the bar becomes soiled, mist it with BLACKFIRE Clay Cleaner & Extender, massage it in the palm of your hand as you would a bar of soap and rinse with tap water, a garden hose or simply swish it in a bucket of water. Look at the difference! 95 to 98% of the grime has been removed! Now stretch and refold the bar and continue claying.

Post Thanks / Like

oh ok thx. i did not see that.

Post Thanks / Like

OK I have to ask the obvious question. If this stuff can dissolve and float away all the gunk your clay picks up, what if you spray this directly on your paint and wipe with a microfiber or foam applicator? Why would it only dissolve the gunk if it's on clay, rather than directly on the paint?

Post Thanks / Like

Good pad cleaner too!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SR99 View Post
    OK I have to ask the obvious question. If this stuff can dissolve and float away all the gunk your clay picks up, what if you spray this directly on your paint and wipe with a microfiber or foam applicator? Why would it only dissolve the gunk if it's on clay, rather than directly on the paint?
    Great question! The act of rubbing an (abrasive) clay bar against the surface is the more effective tool for removing contaminants