autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 332 of 333 FirstFirst ... 232282322323324325326327328329330331332333 LastLast
Results 3,311 to 3,320 of 3326
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mike Phillips VIF or Vehicle Inspection Form

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

If not focus on the future and what’s going on right now. Seems like you got some good knowledge. Why not focus on that and share it?
    Well said.

2. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I am intrigued by this response. I assume most customers drop their cars of at your home. Do you walk out with a clipboard and camera and start going to town upon their arrival? If it's not to personal what is your day job?
    Not sure how any of the above matters. If it's a shop or a house or a 2nd job/hobby or a full-time gig, the point is customers appreciate thorough, secure processes regardless of where you go or what you're service is.

There's nothing wrong with being thorough. Have a full inspection form, gather photos and video and review, and have them sign the terms and conditions. It's simply a matter of ensuring all parties are secure in expectations.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

4. Likes The Guz, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If there is negligence disclaimer/consent forms are as worthless as a Mike Phillips VIF.
    Define negligence. What specifically are you trying to use as damage in your statement? Forms and agreements and full T's & C's are very enforceable. Most all businesses have them as part of their work order.
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

6. Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Not sure how any of the above matters. If it's a shop or a house or a 2nd job/hobby or a full-time gig, the point is customers appreciate thorough, secure processes regardless of where you go or what you're service is.

There's nothing wrong with being thorough. Have a full inspection form, gather photos and video and review, and have them sign the terms and conditions. It's simply a matter of ensuring all parties are secure in expectations.

Wasn't implying that there's anything wrong with working from your home (I do) or if this was a part-time occupation (it is for me now)

What I was asking is how do you approach the customer. (My experience has been the customer could care less about documentation)

Was just curious about your full time occupation (not trying to say your lesser than for doing this part time)

What do you tell the customer when damage is found after the detail/forms have been filled out? (you'll never convince me this doesn't happen)

Post Thanks / Like

Define negligence. What specifically are you trying to use as damage in your statement? Forms and agreements and full T's & C's are very enforceable. Most all businesses have them as part of their work order.
    Example:

The OP goes to a place that offers Ziplining. The cable breaks and he falls to his death. While investigating its found that the business owner was aware (or shouldve been) that the cable was damaged/needed to be replaced.

Doesn't matter what kind of form he signed. This business owner will be found guilty of negligence in the court of law.

Post Thanks / Like

Flash I don’t know how Mike hurt you but you are loved.

Bringing up old #### (threads almost a year old) and bashing mike or bringing up points of arguments aren’t gonna do you any good.

. If you wanna trash him do it to him on a 3D or his forum. He left on good terms with most of us newer guys here that your just gonna cause tension. If that’s your end goal we’ll, you do you.

If not focus on the future and what’s going on right now. Seems like you got some good knowledge. Why not focus on that and share it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will keep that in mind. Thank you for your concern. Love you too

10. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Flash I don’t know how Mike hurt you but you are loved.

Bringing up old #### (threads almost a year old) and bashing mike or bringing up points of arguments aren’t gonna do you any good.

. If you wanna trash him do it to him on a 3D or his forum. He left on good terms with most of us newer guys here that your just gonna cause tension. If that’s your end goal we’ll, you do you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will keep that in mind. Thank you for your concern. Love you too
    Further. If Mike had just left my original response alone all this wouldn't be happening now.

IMO he should've replied:

Hey Flash, that's a good point. Definitely a good idea to get yourself insured. I still believe that a inspection from would be beneficial to others.

Thank you for your input.

MP

Instead he dismisses and deletes. Do you really want a teacher like that?

12. Dislikes The Guz disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What I was asking is how do you approach the customer. (My experience has been the customer could care less about documentation)

What do you tell the customer when damage is found after the detail/forms have been filled out? (you'll never convince me this doesn't happen)
    My approach is I always explain what I'm doing and why. Part of my process is I do TWO inspections. One at the point of drop off and the condition it's in but the other is AFTER I'm done with my initial wash and prep for the polisher. That is when I tend to find things and again, in my T&Cs I cover that and even note on brand-new vehicles I tend to find stuff as well. Of course, I always call and then text as part of my follow-up.

In fact, I had a 200-mile ZL-1 with a dent in it on the C pillar. I know what likely happened too, but then I cover exactly that when I'm doing my walk around. Someone during vehicle prep leaned on it when wiping the rear window or roof. Happens a LOT with CUVs/SUV's. The customer wasn't happy to find out, but I documented it and showed them when they picked it up. No way they would have seen it upon buying it. It's white and was outside, not under my garage lighting, which tends to show way more.

Example:
    The OP goes to a place that offers Ziplining. The cable breaks and he falls to his death. While investigating its found that the business owner was aware (or shouldve been) that the cable was damaged/needed to be replaced. Doesn't matter what kind of form he signed. This business owner will be found guilty of negligence in the court of law.
    Give me a detailing example.

Post Thanks / Like

My approach is I always explain what I'm doing and why. Part of my process is I do TWO inspections. One at the point of drop off and the condition it's in but the other is AFTER I'm done with my initial wash and prep for the polisher. That is when I tend to find things and again, in my T&Cs I cover that and even note on brand-new vehicles I tend to find stuff as well. Of course, I always call and then text as part of my follow-up.

In fact, I had a 200-mile ZL-1 with a dent in it on the C pillar. I know what likely happened too, but then I cover exactly that when I'm doing my walk around. Someone during vehicle prep leaned on it when wiping the rear window or roof. Happens a LOT with CUVs/SUV's. The customer wasn't happy to find out, but I documented it and showed them when they picked it up. No way they would have seen it upon buying it. It's white and was outside, not under my garage lighting, which tends to show way more.

Dang Lieutenant, I bet your customers think that you are strange. 99.99999% just want the car cleaned up. No need to file a report for every incident

Example(s)? Irrelevant, but I'll play your game and give numerous from personal experience:

Leaving a car in neutral to clean gear shifter. Car rolls backwards ripping the door off (twice)
    Ripping doors off the hinges whilst moving (twice)
    Burnt paint (twice)
    Ruining a computer under a seat by getting it wet (once)
    Driving into a parked car (w/ less then 100 miles) going 60mph (once)

Probably more but I have a headache from being Hangry. If I think of more I will report back SIR!!

P.S. You should really consider getting yourself some business insurance. It's available for under 1k per year and is tax deductible. Accidents happen to the best of us...

Post Thanks / Like

Might be some Human Factors training on order there. If stuff like that happens at my day job, people end up looking for work.
    Francesco

Page 332 of 333 FirstFirst ... 232282322323324325326327328329330331332333 LastLast