autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

How To Clean Microfiber Towels with BLACKFIRE

BLACKFIRE Microfiber Cleaner & Restorer is now packaged in a new bottle with a built-in measuring cup!

I'm always raving about my favorite microfiber towel, the Gold Plush Jr., and how well it works for virtually every detailing task including wax removal and interior cleaning. This towel is super soft and has two unique sides; one side has a medium nap while the other has a flat weave. Pair the Gold Plush Jr. with a quality microfiber detergent, like BLACKFIRE Microfiber Cleaner & Restorer, and you'll enjoy years of the softest microfiber available.

Between myself and Mike Phillips we get a lot of microfiber towels dirty so we wash them frequently using the appropriate microfiber detergent.. Using a dedicated microfiber detergent instead of a regular detergent preserves microfiber's unique texture and absorption abilities. Microfiber detergents, like BLACKFIRE Microfiber Cleaner & Restorer, do not contain fabric softeners or perfumes - two things that are not good for microfiber towels.

We've just introduced new packaging for the 16 oz. BLACKFIRE Microfiber Cleaner & Restorer; a clear bottle with a built-in measuring cup. The built-in measuring cup ensures that you never use too much or too little detergent. This new bottle makes one of the most popular microfiber detergents even better yet.

It was my turn to do laundry this week and here is what some of my beloved Gold Plush Jr. towels looked like:

The new BLACKFIRE Microfiber Cleaner & Restorer bottle with its built-in measuring cup requires no thinking to measure the proper amount: simply squeeze the bottle until the desired fluid level is reached.

When you tip the bottle sideways to pour out the measured amount you don't have to worry about any excess detergent filling up the built-in measuring cup. Only the measured amount comes out, unless you squeeze the bottle as you're pouring. This is a nifty feature that prevents wasting product.

Note: For smaller loads, 1-2 ounces is plenty. For larger or heavily soiled loads, 3-4 ounces is ideal.

Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock....

After the washing machine was finishing doing its thing I pulled the towels out to inspect how well BLACKFIRE Microfiber Cleaner & Detergent released all the caked on polish, wax, compound, dirt and grime.

Not too shabby! BLACKFIRE Microfiber Cleaner & Restorer effectively break ups and releases oil, grease, wax and polish residue, protein-based stains like blood and sweat, grain stains, food and even cosmetics - leaving your towels looking and feeling new.

Tip: Dry your microfiber towels on low heat.

I would like to thank my photographer Mike Phillips for the help with this article. Nobody is better at getting towels dirty and making someone else clean them. (Just kidding ). Little does he know I keep the newest Gold Plush Jr.'s hidden in my office and not the Show Car Garage.

BLACKFIRE Microfiber Cleaner & Restorer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How To Clean Microfiber Towels with BLACKFIRE

Hands down the best MF cleaner I have tried. I did a review about 6 month ago between two other cleaners. This did clean the best and no need for vinegar either with this.
    2017 Mercedes Benz AMG C43
    2016 Acura MDX SH-awd

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbull2984 View Post
    Hands down the best MF cleaner I have tried. I did a review about 6 month ago between two other cleaners. This did clean the best and no need for vinegar either with this.
    Agree 100%. Before BF MF Wash I was using Tide and the MFs would show some dirty spots. BF MF wash made the old all purpose MFs look brand new again.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like that new bottle. I have a couple of those for when I buy microfiber cleaner in bulk.

I still haven't used my Blackfire cleaner. I really need to do some washing

Post Thanks / Like

I like those bottles. I just tried some of this product the other day and I was rather impressed with it.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

The bottle looks like the one used for UWW+

Post Thanks / Like

That new bottle is a huge stress relief for me.

This is what usually happens when I pour a liquid around Mike Phillips or Nick...

Ray@AutoGeek.net
    800-869-3011 x245

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Nick, for the really dirty stuff I soak my towels in hot water for 1-2 hrs (even been known to forget about them and leave them overnite) in a solution of DP Polishing Pad Rejuvenator. Really does a great job and need so little of the granules. Then dump the dirty water out and throw the towels into the washing machine. Add detergent, BF and a little vinegar in the "bleach" bin & the towels come out like new. YMMV

DP Polishing Pad Rejuvenator was created to provide detailers with a fast and effective way to clean pads without soapy residue or foamy degreasers.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the product. It's excellent. But I loved the old bottles even more when they where BOGO.

Post Thanks / Like

This a nice product. It works better than my MicroRestore.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast