autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

How To: Maximize Time with a Cleaner Wax/AIO

How To: Maximize Time with a Cleaner Wax/AIO

Whether you're a professional detailer or a detailing enthusiast, the end goal is the same, and that's to achieve shiny paint in as little steps as possible. If you're a production detailer, a one step cleaner wax/AIO (all-in-one) is something you should definitely look in to as they enable you to clean, polish and protect the paint in one step. In some cases, such as what you're about to see below, an AIO can make detailing a dull, faded paint job quick and painless.

Autogeek's Show Car Garage never goes to waste. If Mike Phillips isn't in there polishing a show car to perfection, one of Autogeek's many employees may be using the garage for the day to polish their own vehicle, or a friends, to perfection. Working at Autogeek certainly has its perks, and that is one of them.

More often than not, the power of a one step cleaner wax/AIO is often misunderstood. A couple months ago I showed what one of the more popular AIOs, Pinnacle XMT 360, was capable of in an article I wrote, Rebirth of a Daily Driver - Oxidized Corolla. Today, while Jason was detailing a friend's GMC Canyon, I grabbed a Flex XC3401, slapped on a Lake Country Tangerine Hydro-Tech Polishing pad, and put one of the more popular AIOs, Duragloss 501, to the test to see what it was capable of.

After performing a test spot.

Not bad eh? That's after 5 section passes set at speed 6 on the Flex XC3401.

Here is the hood completed.

All that's left is to finish the rest of the Canyon. I'll leave that to Jason.

Flex XC 3401 VRG Dual Action Orbital Polisher

Duragloss Marine RV Polish #501

All In One Cleaner Waxes & Sealants

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How To: Maximize Time with a Cleaner Wax/AIO

definetly added this to my wishlist Ive seen alot of recomendations to use Dg501 but these pictures sold me on it. How does this compare to megs D151 or Dg 105? Im guessing 501 will outlast it though.

opie_7afe

looks very nice, is the DG 501 chemical or has abrasives in it? and ive always noticed GM clears oxidize very easily....and i think i may need to try hydrotech pads...look like a winner for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie_7afe View Post
    looks very nice, is the DG 501 chemical or has abrasives in it? and ive always noticed GM clears oxidize very easily....and i think i may need to try hydrotech pads...look like a winner for sure.
    What a difference!

I have noticed on my grandpas Chevy Colorado that the paint seemed to lose its gloss. Just with a green LC pad and Poorboy's PWS it cleaned it up.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

What's the diff btw dg501 and 105 and what would be a better aio dg or meg151. Pros and cons. Applying? Removing?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad to see this because just last month I detailed my two vehicles with this exact combo---DG 501 and the tangerine Hydrotech pad (I was feeling too lazy to polish/compound so used an AIO). DG 501 has both strong cleaners and nano-abrasives, unlike some AIO which might have one or the other. The durability is excellent. I top with Collinite 845 12 hours later and get 6 months of protection before I strip and start the process over again.

Post Thanks / Like

All-In-One or 1-Step products really do a great job!

More often then not, these products will restore the finish to new-like condition. Some clean the surface chemically but others have abrasives that actually remove surface defects as it works leaving a brilliant shine and protection...

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

That turned out really good. Is claying necessary before using an AIO?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KillaCam View Post
    That turned out really good. Is claying necessary before using an AIO?
    It sure is. You don't want to drag contaminants below your pad along the body's paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Nick the blue GMC turned out very nice, a lot of people don't believe that cleaner waxes work that good. I am big fan of cleaner waxes I just finished off a 2004 dodge ram that had not been washed or waxed or anything in 2 years. Cleaner waxes do work good. P.S. before any waxing always clay the vehicle, the cleaner wax of my choice is MEGS cleaner wax.(aka Burgandy bottle)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast