autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Definitive How-To Guide for Spray Waxes, Quick Detail Sprays & Waterless Washes

Hey Nick,

I don't recall seeing a more complete or well written review in quite some time. The documentation and photography clearly show how well these products work and something equally important is how easy these are to use as well.

Well done!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Definitive How-To Guide for Spray Waxes, Quick Detail Sprays & Waterless Washes

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbull2984 View Post
    I was debating on getting some cause its on BOGO. But I just have so many products it would be a waste.
    I saw that on bogo. I got mine as the free item on one of my purchases.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great write up! You should do more of these because you do a Great job. I also enjoyed the one you did on Collinite. Very informative, especially for new guys like me.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome info Nick!

One question, can you comment on something like uww+ because at the same concentration it can be used as either a detail spray or rinseless wash?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
    Awesome info Nick!

One question, can you comment on something like uww+ because at the same concentration it can be used as either a detail spray or rinseless wash?
    It's used as a QD or waterless wash at the same concentration (1:43) - the rinseless dilution is 1 oz to 3 gallons (1:384).
    Francis

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by umi000 View Post
    It's used as a QD or waterless wash at the same concentration (1:43) - the rinseless dilution is 1 oz to 3 gallons (1:384).
    So can this QD be used to remove a film of dirt, as opposed to light dust (check Nick's post)? Because it is less diluted when using it as a QD than when using it as a bucket method cleaning.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lawalker View Post
    Great write up! You should do more of these because you do a Great job. I also enjoyed the one you did on Collinite. Very informative, especially for new guys like me.
    I definitely plan on doing more and I have no problem taking requests.

Awesome info Nick!

Ultima Waterless Wash Plus, like Blackfire Wet Diamond Waterless Wash, is almost considered a "hybrid" because it is packed full of gloss enhancers and protective polymers. This makes either product great for use as a waterless wash OR quick detail spray. The dilution for quick detail spray or waterless wash is the same.

So can this QD be used to remove a film of dirt, as opposed to light dust (check Nick's post)? Because it is less diluted when using it as a QD than when using it as a bucket method cleaning.
    Yes. See above.

Post Thanks / Like

Within reason, yes. My usage (as a waterless wash) is a bit different from the way most people would use a QD - I mist the whole panel, then do one swipe per section of towel - one swipe only, front to back; I turn-over or fold to a fresh side immediately, so I'm not dragging grit across the paint. As you'd imagine, I use a lot of towels, but it's easier to wash towels than it is to correct paint
    Francis

Post Thanks / Like

Where would the black fire rinseless wash be considered when made into a QD. Is it on par with the black fire waterless wash?

Post Thanks / Like

is the only difference between gold plush and gold plush jr the size?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast