autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 24243444546474849505152535455565758 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Collinite #845: The Definitive How-To Guide For This Legendary Wax

Quote Originally Posted by mcbry View Post
    my other option is to make a UWW+ with distilled water and KSG mixture. this will be like a QD sealant/wax booster. is it ok to spray this mixture on top of collinite 845?
    If you're going to try to make a mix of KSG into a spray wax, it's already been done. You can buy it here: Sonus Acrylic Glanz Spray Sealant, Sonus paint sealant spray, spray paint sealant.

845 is really durable and pretty forgiving of anything you want to put on it. Most of these spray waxes will only last a week or two, so there can't be too much to them to which would harm a quality LSP.

Unless you enjoy playing the role of a mad chemist, I'd just pick up a reputable spray wax. There or lots of great ones here; Ultimate Quik Wax, Aquawax, Hydro Max, OCW...
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    If you're going to try to make a mix of KSG into a spray wax, it's already been done. You can buy it here: Sonus Acrylic Glanz Spray Sealant, Sonus paint sealant spray, spray paint sealant.

845 is really durable and pretty forgiving of anything you want to put on it. Most of these spray waxes will only last a week or two, so there can't be too much to them to which would harm a quality LSP.

Unless you enjoy playing the role of a mad chemist, I'd just pick up a reputable spray wax. There or lots of great ones here; Ultimate Quik Wax, Aquawax, Hydro Max, OCW...
    thanks for the info, Desertnate. this is very helpful.

Post Thanks / Like

Question regarding Collnite 845, as i was given a sample by a buddy of mine, after he really rated it... Can you get some on plastic trim, and not worry about it? Also what about applying in direct sunlight? is that acceptable on Collnite 845?

Up til now, I've been an Megs ULW or Turtle wax ICE guy, cos its fully synthetic, i'm not afraid to get it on any trim, and it can be applied in direct sunlight (Living in SW FL, this is a big deal)

What i did today (after a clay treatment) was all the trim, and parts next to the trim using ICE, and the larger panels (away from trim) using Collnite 845. I could always use this method if need be? or is Collnite 845 trim safe and ok to apply in sunlight?

Post Thanks / Like

Sun no. Trim yes, I use it on trim all the time.

Dave

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I own a Volkswagen Vento - White and have just started off with the detailing process, it is 2 years old.
    I am a noob am have just started going through threads and getting to learn to detail my car the right way.

I have the below products available with me currently.
    1. Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion
    2. Wolfgang Finishing Glaze
    3. Meguiars Nxt Tech Paste 2.0
    4. Collinite 845.

First of all i have two questions.
    1. Can the wolfgang finishing glaze be topped up after using the Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion ?
    I see some people say that the Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion also has a polish in it . And also that the wolfgang finishing glaze is not actually a glaze but a polish. So is it right to apply the wolfgang finishing glaze over the pinnacle paint cleansing solution.

2. The waxes, both the meguiars tech wax 2.0 and the collinite 845 are waxes.
    I thought of applying the collinite 845 and later top up with meguiars tech wax paste 2.0. Will this affect the durability of the collinite?
    Or should i just use the collinite wax alone, and not use meguiars tech wax paste 2.0 on top of it.?

Also how frequently should the waxes be used.?
    During every wash should we apply pinnacle paintwork cleansing solution, followed by wolfgang and then the waxes, or could we top up with waxes for a couple of times and after like 10 washes we can start with the process from first.

Another final question on the collinite 845, and pinnacle paint work cleansing lotion.
    Can both of them be used on the head lights?
    Use pinnacle paint work cleansing lotion on the head light followed by the wolfgang glaze and then the collinite 845.

Post Thanks / Like

I would not top the Collinite 845 with Tech Wax II. The Collinite is a hybrid wax/sealant, the Megs Tech II (NXT 2.0) is a sealant. I would put one coat of Collinite 845 on, remove it, let it cure for 24 hours or so, and then top with a 2nd coat of 845 and remove. You should be good to go for 4 months or so.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RPPM View Post
    I would not top the Collinite 845 with Tech Wax II. The Collinite is a hybrid wax/sealant, the Megs Tech II (NXT 2.0) is a sealant. I would put one coat of Collinite 845 on, remove it, let it cure for 24 hours or so, and then top with a 2nd coat of 845 and remove. You should be good to go for 4 months or so.
    I'd be willing to bet two coats would last double that amount of time. I single coat of 845 for me lasts at least six months. I got 5 months out of a singe coat in the worst winter this area had seen in 40 years. The car was constantly salt encrusted and saw frequent touchless washes, which tend to be brutal on an LSP due to the harsh soaps.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

What makes this an "Insulator" wax?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftTone View Post
    What makes this an "Insulator" wax?
    As the story goes it was designed for Electrical insulators you see in various places.
    It would keep them protected and reasonably clean.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davidc View Post
    As the story goes it was designed for Electrical insulators you see in various places.
    It would keep them protected and reasonably clean.
    Dave
    Ah yes, I've read that. It sounded marketty so I thought there might be another purpose that wasn't so apparent.

Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 24243444546474849505152535455565758 LastLast