autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 40414243444546474849505152535455565758 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Collinite #845: The Definitive How-To Guide For This Legendary Wax

Quote Originally Posted by makoz View Post
    Hello, my friend will send me a sampler of Collinite 845 I found that the label is different it looks like this one on the right http://www.autogeekonline.net/galler..._Collinite.JPG .
    Is it safe for clear coats and for automotive ?
    Although it does not have all the literature on the bottle it does state 845 which is the key number. Seems to me your good to go

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Used 845 for the first time last night. Made the mistake of applying to the whole car, then removing, BY HAND. Won't make that mistake again. Did put a nice shine on, but what I'm really after is protection for the upcoming winter. A few more coats and I'll be ready.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parshooter View Post
    Used 845 for the first time last night. Made the mistake of applying to the whole car, then removing, BY HAND. Won't make that mistake again. Did put a nice shine on, but what I'm really after is protection for the upcoming winter. A few more coats and I'll be ready.
    What kind of difficulties did you run into when applying the product to the whole car at one time? I do the same thing with my DA and then let it sit for 30 minutes or so. Even after that time, I have no problems at all with removal.

You'll get plenty of protection for winter from one coat. Since it was applied by hand, you might second coat the vehicle to make sure you have good coverage, but you shouldn't need any more than that. I easily get through winter on a single coat.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    What kind of difficulties did you run into when applying the product to the whole car at one time? I do the same thing with my DA and then let it sit for 30 minutes or so. Even after that time, I have no problems at all with removal.

You'll get plenty of protection for winter from one coat. Since it was applied by hand, you might second coat the vehicle to make sure you have good coverage, but you shouldn't need any more than that. I easily get through winter on a single coat.
    I had no problems applying, although I might have laid it on too thick (I have a habit of doing that). I'm sure it set for over 30 mins by the time I got around to removing it. It was somewhat tough to remove in spots, and on the hood and roof, it seemed like there was a haze after I initially buffed it out. Took some extra elbow grease to clean that up. I'll put on one more coat before November

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, thin is the key. Just applied it last night to a GMC pickup. PC 7424xp with LC 5.5 blue flat pad. Did the entire truck - grabbed a cold one - wiped it off. Love the 845 - cheap, durable, and one bottle lasts forever.

Post Thanks / Like

Did the full detail yesterday, but this time I put Collinite 476 first and then 845 12 hours later. One thing I noticed is usually when I lay just 845 first the cars paint is slippery buttery glass smooth. This time it was smoothish but felt really dry. I even didn't notice any haze on either productseven after leaving 845 was left on the car for 9 hours before I buffed. It's been hot here 85 degree's but the car has been indoor. There was plenty of product on the foam applicator.

Anyone else ever experienced this ? Gonna suck so bad if I went through all this effort and the cars not protected.

Post Thanks / Like

I would really be surprised if not protected. I would take a hose without sprayer and lay some water on it and see what it does, it should just run off. The feeling your looking for will probably be there after the 1st wash.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sshazam View Post
    Did the full detail yesterday, but this time I put Collinite 476 first and then 845 12 hours later. One thing I noticed is usually when I lay just 845 first the cars paint is slippery buttery glass smooth. This time it was smoothish but felt really dry. I even didn't notice any haze on either productseven after leaving 845 was left on the car for 9 hours before I buffed. It's been hot here 85 degree's but the car has been indoor. There was plenty of product on the foam applicator.

Anyone else ever experienced this ? Gonna suck so bad if I went through all this effort and the cars not protected.
    I can't help but wonder if the results stem from mixing the products through layering. The vehicle is probably well protected and I would not worry about it.

If I'm going to layer LSP's I always layer with the same product and don't mix things up. There is most likely no scientific evidence to back up this idea, but I like to play it safe. When it comes to Collinite products, I've found a single coat to be so durable, I've had no reason to layer.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I can't help but wonder if the results stem from mixing the products through layering. The vehicle is probably well protected and I would not worry about it.

If I'm going to layer LSP's I always layer with the same product and don't mix things up. There is most likely no scientific evidence to back up this idea, but I like to play it safe. When it comes to Collinite products, I've found a single coat to be so durable, I've had no reason to layer.
    Desertnate, or DavidC:

I've used 845 many times with great results. I just ordered 476 (for the fun of it and because David C talked me into it....) and I am going to do just what was typed above. That being put 476 down as a base, then top with 845. Do you think that is a bad idea?

Also, I usually put down a coat of Optimum Car Wax (spray wax) on our cars every month to six weeks or so. Do you see any comparability issues between these? Collinite and OCW?

The 476 arrives next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    Desertnate, or DavidC:

I've used 845 many times with great results. I just ordered 476 (for the fun of it and because David C talked me into it....) and I am going to do just what was typed above. That being put 476 down as a base, then top with 845. Do you think that is a bad idea?

Also, I usually put down a coat of Optimum Car Wax (spray wax) on our cars every month to six weeks or so. Do you see any comparability issues between these? Collinite and OCW?

The 476 arrives next week.
    Temp and humidity can always influence results, but I've layered 845, 476 and 915 in various combinations without issues. I've also used both OCW and DGAW over my combos without any problems. However, my DD is black, so nothing gets done in direct sun in summertime temps.

Bill

Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 40414243444546474849505152535455565758 LastLast