autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Collinite #845: The Definitive How-To Guide For This Legendary Wax

Quote Originally Posted by Stang Man View Post
    I don't want some criminal or family member to get their hands on it without my consent
    Yeah, ya gotta be continuously on the lookout...There are varmits everywhere!!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Finally used Collinite 845 today and WOW! First observartion is that the product goes along way. I followed the recommendation of moving the product into a smaller squeeze bottle and may have used 2 oz for a Lexus 400H.. I was amazed that once the product is in liquid form(very important) it goes and goes. Second observation is that it delivers a nice shine. It had a semi-wet look that could have been enhanced with a second coat if time had permited. If you pay close attention to the hazing, the product comes off without issue. For me, I did not wait the 45mins, more like 20 mins because it was 84 degrees in my working enviroment and I was fearful of it over drying and doubling my working time. All and All I had a great experience with the product for the first time. Given the price, I'm considering making this a standard for most of my details under $120..

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigdriver4u View Post
    Finally used Collinite 845 today and WOW! First observartion is that the product goes along way. I followed the recommendation of moving the product into a smaller squeeze bottle and may have used 2 oz for a Lexus 400H.. I was amazed that once the product is in liquid form(very important) it goes and goes. Second observation is that it delivers a nice shine. It had a semi-wet look that could have been enhanced with a second coat if time had permited. If you pay close attention to the hazing, the product comes off without issue. For me, I did not wait the 45mins, more like 20 mins because it was 84 degrees in my working enviroment and I was fearful of it over drying and doubling my working time. All and All I had a great experience with the product for the first time. Given the price, I'm considering making this a standard for most of my details under $120..
    I'm glad, although not surprised, to hear another Collinite success story.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all, can I apply Collinite 845 with by hand with a foam applicator, v. using a DA polisher on the paint?

How about manually applying on the wheels , v with a drill with powerball?

If it matters, I have a new car (in place of a 14 yr old that I didnt know how to keep up), so I don't have any significant paint damage yet. Trying to protect it before the paint damage!

If it is not good to apply Collinite 845 manually, do you have any suggestions for other sealants/waxes that I can apply manually?

As always, thank you for your input...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim B View Post
    Hi all, can I apply Collinite 845 with by hand with a foam applicator, v. using a DA polisher on the paint?

If it matters, I have a new car (in place of a 14 yr old that I didnt know how to keep up), so I don't have any significant paint damage yet. Trying to protect it before the paint damage!

If it is not good to apply Collinite 845 manually, do you have any suggestions for other sealants/waxes that I can apply manually?

OOPS, I should have mentioned that the paint and wheels are clear coated, in case that makes a difference....

Post Thanks / Like

You can apply 845 by hand on the paint and on the wheels, that's what I do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post

+1
    Flex 3401 & PE14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post
    Thanks, Conan and Danube! Danube, I think I remember you like 845 alot. Any reason why you don't use 915, other than 845 is probably easier to apply? Winters in NY can be 6 months long, so I'm thinking about 915, too.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Collinite's #845 Liquid Insulator Wax can be applied by hand OR machine, but the preferred method is with a dual action polisher as it will save you time AND put down a more thin, even coat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim B
    you don't use 915, other than 845 is probably easier to apply? Winters in NY can be 6 months long, so I'm thinking about 915, too.
    Either one is a great option, but I prefer 845 as I find it easier to apply and remove.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I am in a dilemma as in how much of 845 to use. Reason being I am based in Kolkata, India, and except Meg's none of the detailing product companies are here. Even from Meg's I cannot get their squeezie bottles which Nick has suggested. So how can I use it with just the existing 845 bottle with its factory cap and a foam applicator pad.

So if I open the bottle and just hold the applicator pad on the opening and just tilt the bottle so that the wax just touches the face of the pad, will it be enough product or too much product?

Just to add, temperatures in India (especially my city Kolkata) ranges between 77 degree F to 109.4 degree F in the summers, and 46 to 65 in the winters with an odd day going below 40, all with 75 to 98% humidity year round. So naturally when I received my bottle of 845 yesterday it was in the liquid consistancy state that you guys in the States bring it to before using.

So can I add a sprayer head and go to work, as there is very little chance of it becoming paste like. Also it shouldn't gum up the sprayer in these temperatures right?

If the sprayer head does gum up, then what should I do to get it working again? Will warming the whole bottle in warm water loosen up the wax in the sprayer head?
    Last edited by falkirk; 03-12-2012 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Missing line

Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast