autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

How To: Pick the Correct Fitting for the Foam Cannon HP

The Foam Cannon HP and Detailer's Pro Xtreme Foam Formula Shampoo is a winning combination, like apple pie and vanilla ice cream. If you have a pressure washer and haven't picked up a Foam Cannon HP, you don't know what you're missing. The Foam Cannon HP is an essential tool for quick, safe, swirl free washing. With the use of high pressure water and a highly concentrated shampoo, you have the ability to completely cover your entire vehicle in mounds of thick, luxurious suds in a matter of seconds, which is a time saver.

Unlike the Foamaster Foam Gun, the Foam Cannon HP is designed to connect to a pressure washer. There are literally hundreds of different models of pressure washers on the market, and to utilize a Foam Cannon HP with your particular pressure washer, you need to know which fitting to get.

The Foam Cannon HP attaches to the trigger/gun assemble for your pressure washer in the exact same way that your wand currently does. So you will just need to remove the wand and look at the fitting that you currently have and match it up to one of the fitting that we offer below so that the Foam Cannon HP will connect in the exact same way.

It's a common misconception that X brand pressure washer uses the same X brand fitting for the wand (the piece that the Foam Cannon HP replaces). That's not true of most pressure washers. Example: A Craftsman pressure washer may not necessarily utilize a Craftsman fitting. So just because you have X brand pressure washer and don't see the same corresponding X brand name for a fitting on the site, doesn't necessarily mean that the fittings available are not compatible with your pressure washer.

What you see above is the trigger assembly and wand off your typical Honda pressure washer. It's a very simple design that can be disassembled in a matter of minutes. It doesn't take a degree in mechanical engineering to disassemble a pressure washer wand.

That is where the wand attaches to the trigger assembly. It simply unscrews. The only tools required is a strong left hand and an adjustable wrench/channel locks.

Here is what the wand looks like when it's removed from the trigger assembly. The Foam Cannon HP replaces the wand.

What you're looking at above is the fitting located on the wand that you need to match up to one of the fittings available. Remember, the Foam Cannon HP replaces the wand.

Remember what I said about X brand pressure washer not necessarily utilizing the same brand fitting? Here is an excellent example. As you can see above, it's obvious that the Kranzle is the proper fitting. The diameter and size of the fitting are identical.

Hey it fits!

After screwing in/attaching the necessary fitting, you then need to screw in the brass male nipple connector (included with every Foam Cannon HP) to the fitting that you just attached to the trigger assembly. After that is done, simply attach the Foam Cannon HP and you're all set!

Now you know how to choose the correct fitting for your pressure washer.

Foam Cannon HP

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How To: Pick the Correct Fitting for the Foam Cannon HP

nice write up Nick!
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
    ~Tim

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by embolism View Post
    nice write up Nick!
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope I'm posting in the right place.

It's in vital to remove the length of wand or is just easier to handle w/out it?

Post Thanks / Like

You could connect the cannon without removing the wand extension with the right hardware but that would put the weight of the cannon further away from you which would be a little harder to handle. On mine I just hook the cannon right to the pistol grip. Easy to control. Then I have 3 wands so it's easy to un-click then attach my rinse wand. Be aware of those little rubber o-rings that Nick did an excellent job of showing they will deteriorate over time and vanish with all the snap-on snap-off of extensions. Like fittings....not all are the same size. Find a source for the sizes you need. You will also note that rust becomes a factor with this stuff and some fittings are not as equal as others. When done I usually blow dry my fittings, lube the o-rings and put my air hose in one end of my washer hose and blow out all the water. Also, don't drag the fitting ends along the concrete.

Post Thanks / Like

Klink10, that's for all the great information. Also, I'll have to read the article Nick wrote about all that.

Post Thanks / Like

What is the ideal PSI for a pressure washer to use with a Foam Cannon?
    CURRENT: Happily Retired
    PAST: Owner at Clean N' Shiny, Chicago Auto Pros

Post Thanks / Like

Foam cannon vs foam gun....... why one over the other and why does the gun coast more than the cannon? (I think I've got that right)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shagnat View Post
    Foam cannon vs foam gun....... why one over the other and why does the gun coast more than the cannon? (I think I've got that right)
    The gun is actually cheaper than a cannon, and does not foam as good as a canon. A Gun is more suitable for garden hose washes and a cannon is more suitable for pressure washes. Foam cannon is the preferable method by most.
    CURRENT: Happily Retired
    PAST: Owner at Clean N' Shiny, Chicago Auto Pros

Post Thanks / Like

This has been one of my favorite articles. It explains everything perfectly and all my questions were answered with specificity! Wooot!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast